stock and run flats

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by mrgm, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mrgm

mrgm Not So Fresh Meat

its a 08 caliber srt-4

has anyone had any issues with there tires? The brother just took his car in to get his tires rotated, and they found a nail. They could not do it there, so he took it to another location. When they took it off they realized that same tire had a chunk missing from the sidewall on the inside of the tire (which should have been the rear and now is the front tire). Dealer did not even see it, or ignored it...

Has anyone had this problem? Is this a warranty issue? Car has less than 6000 miles.

Also, He would like to install a taller and wider tire on stock rims, and a run flats if so possible that would be good at the track

ohh, don't take your car to Abilene tx dealership-:p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. csrteric

csrteric New Member

what tires are they? i havent had any problems with my F1s yet. You cant really go wider and taller unless you go down to like 18s. I dont see why run flats would be any better at the track...heavier more than anything, so would probably be worse.

3. mrgm

mrgm Not So Fresh Meat

stock all weather tires.

run flats for convenience. just in case

will get some pics tomorrow

been raining for a couple of days- no pics yet

4. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

Those Goodyear RS-A's are an expensive tire. $225 a pop from tirerack. I know because I had to replace one due to debris penetrating my sidewall. It's also a garbage all around tire. A run-flat is going to be almost double the price. The stock rims are 7.5 in diameter so safely upgrading to a wider tire isn't feasible.

You best off going to route I did. Find an inexpensive 18" rim and go from there. Tires are much less expensive and you have a far greater selection.

5. mrgm

mrgm Not So Fresh Meat

yea the replacement tire will be about 281 installed. the run flats will run 318 installed. I think the olds ones will be sold for the run flats. They call the run flats f1's...is that the other option that was for this car?

6. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

The F1's are not a run-flat tire. The Goodyear F1 is a summer performance tire.

7. leepen

leepen New Member

QFT

8. mrgm

mrgm Not So Fresh Meat

the guy behind the counter told me eagle goodyear F-1 tires are run flats. He may have read wrong.

Let. me. see. here...hmmmmmmm

No- not it....

hmmmmm

couple of choices here

nothing on run flats yet...:miner:

????????

9. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

:hmm:
    I dont care too much for the RSAs

we have them on my wife Cruiser (came with car), they dont grip to well and have about 50% tread left on them
    Probally end up changing them out to some Michlin MXM4s or Kumhos. it'll work better for roundy rounds.

10. mrgm

mrgm Not So Fresh Meat

any drag radials for stock.

would like to have a smaller rim with stock brakes with some sort of drag radial:cry2: