SPC Performance - Camber Parts (Part1)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mighty Noid, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Mighty Noid

Mighty Noid Need bigger cam and bette

Ok this is to anyone with a lowered LX. You may notice after you lower your car that your camber is off a tad bit. Sometimes alignment shops can fix the issue but it would be best to get the correct parts right away.

I have noticed that three of my tires are wearing out from the inside. So I took it to the dealer and they told me that my camber is way off and that I would need to get some new parts.

So after a bit of looking around I found this company. SPC Performance and they make some fantasic parts for a wide varity of cars. I took a look at there site and saw that they make the pieces that I MUST have.

Here are a few pictures of the parts that came in today. They look very well built and I can't wait til I can get it all installed. I am waiting on 4 new tires to come in and then I can have everything done and done RIGHT with SPC Performance parts! I will be taking a ton of pictures of the install and the bad tires and bad parts.

Also I hope that I can find that "clanking" noise that is coming from the driver side rear that a lot of people are noticing as well.

Now to the great parts!
    Front Upper Control Arms:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear Replacement Bushings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes you see two different sets for the rear. One set will be going back. I wasn't 100% sure which one I needed so I had both sent to me.

Remember this is just part 1 out of 2 or maybe 3...

2. hemi_charger

hemi_charger Supporting Vendor

cool not bad except there welds look like snot

3. Mighty Noid

Well from the driver seat.... they look great!!! :chair:

As long as they work and I don't have to buy more fricking tires later... :popcorn:

4. hemi_charger

oh I have the same prob Im up for a new sat but im gonna hold out for something else

5. Mighty Noid

Well after some time getting this parts, I finally had a day off to go down to Santa Monica and put everything on for me.

Let me say this about the shop... THEY ARE AWESOME!!! It is called Stokes Tire Pros in Santa Monica and if you need to contact them, just let me know... I will give the name of the person who took great care of me and my ride.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the install but I will say this. my camber was way off because of how low I am. It took about 2 hours just for the rear to dial it in almost perfect. I am not at .00 but .10 from 2.71 off...

Well the install took all day, they had to cut a little bit off the front fender liner because of the arms being just a tad taller. No big deal because you can never see it.

So after the install I went to the Inglewood M&G and hung out so that traffic will die down. I live about 80 miles from there, so I would be able to put some miles on the car and see how it handles now. Plus I had to go through the Malibu canyons to see how it tracks... and OMG!!!! I love this ride even more!!! It handles so much better around the turns!!! I was like.... I need to go to a track now!!!!

I say if you have your car lowered and I mean really low, you should look into this mod!!! You will not regret it and you will save your tires in the long run!!! Plus your ride will feel 1000 times better!!!!

So THANK YOU SPC and STOKES!

6. hemi_charger

hmm cool !! but they should use poly bushings or offer them as an upgrade i mean while your there you know

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Nice Albert.

NOW HOW ABOUT the part numbers and a contact?

Oh, I am going to sticky this.

8. Mighty Noid

Part numbers:
    Front Right Control Arm - 66030
    Front Left Control Arm - 66035

Rear Left & Right - 66085 (2 sets: 1 set per side)

Here is there website:
    http://www.spcperformance.com/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  9. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

10. Mighty Noid

You are so welcome! :)