Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout #9 Nov. 7, 2009

Discussion in 'National Events' started by GAMike, Jul 4, 2009.

1. GAMike

GAMike Potential 300 SRT8 Owner

Hey all you SRT 8 Drag Racers! Hope your keeping your foot in it this July 4th.

Just wanted to send out an early invite to the premier big car drag racing event of the year. I'm talking about, the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in Commerce, GA. This is the 9th year of this event hence its abbreviated name "SSHS9". Check out the website www.sshs9.com for all the regulations, details, hotels, and event classes. Last year there were alot of SRT's in attendance, so this year should be even better. Plus the cool GA air in November really helps make HP.

Hope to see you guys there!!!

PS- Any SRT's in the 9's yet? A couple Marauders are knockin at the door.....Hope we can join our Chevy friends sub 10 this yr. Make your plans soon! Good luck all who attend!!

2. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

there is one street driven lx in the 9's, with a couple of others right at the doorstep as well. is commerce ga. where the silver dollar raceway is at??? will be at the silver dollar raceway in august for the se shindig!

3. rtr0id

rtr0id Full Access Member

Nope, Commerce Ga is where the NHRA Southern Nationals are held. NE of Atlanta

Shindig / Silver Dollar is SE of Atlanta.

4. LegMaker

thanks for the geography lesson!!! lol

what the hell town is the silver dollar raceway at????

5. rtr0id

rtr0id Full Access Member

i'm interested in attending. what kind of car counts do you get?

6. robsrt

robsrt Movin on

Reynolds, GA.

7. LegMaker

thanks rob!!! lol

you are going this year right??? new motor or old??? hehehehehe

8. robsrt

robsrt Movin on

I'll be there. New motor won't be done yet. It was just dropped off at the machine shop this week. I will have the direct port system working. I will be testing the stock block.

This SSH event looks interesting. I may try to make it. I'll have the new engine done by then.

9. GAMike

GAMike Potential 300 SRT8 Owner

The past couple of years we have seen an avg. of 75 cars. Good mix of Impala SS's (rwd of course), Mopar both R/T's and SRT's, and of course the Blue Oval crowd is always well represented:hypno: hehehe.

In the past we have also seen a few AMG's, and some V-Series CTS's and STS's.

If its over 4,000lbs. with a driver and fast, it will probably be here.. This event attracts more fast rwd/awd 4drs every year.

Hope you guys who are interested can make it. It really is the perfect time of the year in the south, to lay down your best et.