So I've been a little busy...

Discussion in 'Videos and Pictures' started by loxmith, Mar 20, 2011.

1. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

for the past couple of months. You all may remember I posted my 13 year old bought his first truck about a year ago for $500.

[​IMG]

Well they started multiplying...

[​IMG]

To make a long story short...he found another one on Craigslist, in better condition, that turned out to be only about a mile from the house. (the only reason I even entertained looking at it.) So after clearing everything with Mom(storage), and bank of Dad(financing), he talked the guy down from $900 to $600...so we had two trucks and 6 months. The work began...

Hood swap...

[​IMG]

Priming the roof...

[​IMG]

My son helping out...

[​IMG]

the fender swap...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. loxmith

Before...

[​IMG]

After...

[​IMG]

A couple pics my wife took of my prep-ing the truck for the engine pull...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pulling the engine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My son...silly him...he thinks the engine is still his. LOL!

[​IMG]

ALL YOUR ENGINES ARE BELONGING TO ME...Muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

[​IMG]

3. loxmith

Getting the truck out of my garage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prep-ing the truck for transport...

[​IMG]

My silly son...saying goodbye. LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wifes favorite picture...two trucks off to the recycling yard, with only one to return.

[​IMG]

So after all is said and done, my son got $400 from the recycling yard for his $500 truck, plus he got the fender, the motor, a couple of power window motors, bumper, an updated grill and a few other misc. parts we pulled off the truck before we took it away. He is happy, 'cause the new one is almost his...he still owes the "bank" a $100, mom is happy 'cause there are no longer two "junky trucks" in her yard, I am happy 'cause now I can get a break from "helping" my son...and it took less than the 6 months we were given by the boss. ( bonus points ;) )

Now if only my son would see the light and let me take the truck off his hands, so we can do some really fun stuff with it. :bigwink:

4. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Wow, you´ve been busy, now show this to your son and remind him of how lucky he is to have a father that involves himself in his cars!!!

Fredrik:miner:

5. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

So as a big surprise for birthday or xmas or something you're going to spring for the candy paint job with flames right?

6. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

awesome.

7. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

very cool!!! i know my 16 yo son has some thoughts similar to this........... yikes!!! lol

although i am quite sure my wife won't be so understanding, nor will my HOA and neighbors!!

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I was gonna say... haha One of the few times you can thank HOA. :)

9. LegMaker

shit....... my neighbors still wonder what the hell is going on in my garage....... hehehehehe

the hoa on the other hand is like the gestapo!!!! i had my car on the trailer for 2 weeks after atco last nov. with the broken axle. within two days i had the first of three "nasty-grams"....... brutal i tell ya!! lol

10. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

AWESOME man!! Very cool experience!! What's next?? Paintjob?? Rebuilding the motor??

11. loxmith

My son already has had me take the truck down to price new paint...So he know how much he needs to save for that. We pulled the motor from the first truck, with the intentions of doing a rebuild on it. I have always wanted to do something like that...so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. :bigwink:

12. loxmith

Hahahahaha...funny that you brought up HOA's and neighbors. We had a guy from the city come out last week, and issue us a warning that we would be cited if the truck without the tag was still in the driveway this week. ( EDIT: SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY I was ahead of schedule when I found this out... :bigwink: ) He said if it is not tagged it needs to be in our garage. I guess no tag = ok as long as you can't see it from the street. Apparently someone in our neighborhood called in complaints on like half a dozen different people. I am glad not to have an HOA though...'cause then this wouldn't even have been an option if I had.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  13. Speedy

Alright, for someone not quite familiar with US laws, what is HOA??

Fredrik;)

14. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Home Owner Association...It's typically governed by the people in the neighborhood.

15. Speedy

Oh, I know the type, they are the ones throwing outrageous partys with strippers and free beer! Right?!? lol

Or the anal type with no sense of humor and to much time on their hands...

Fredrik:whistle:

16. loxmith

Hahahaha! I think it is required that you be from the second group...if you want to serve as part of a HOA board. :argue:

17. Quick

Speedy, HOA's are something they build into the purchase contract. It's not generally the case when buying a house. Usually something established by the builder/contractor of a neighborhood/subdivision/gated community/etc. You agree to comply with the HOA when you buy the house/condo. It's much more common (naturally) with condo's. I suspect they are more common in Florida too. Florida is populated by newly weds and nearly deads so the old folks are more fearful of some hillbilly red neck like Legmaker moving in and taking down the whole neighborhood.

18. Speedy

I hear you on that last part Dave, imagine spending all your savings and then some, just to realize Chris lives next door... LOL

Fredrik;)

19. LegMaker

you guys are funny........... lol

actually, my HOA is pretty brutal when it comes to anything! i painted the front door of my house once and was cited for not submitting the proper paperwork for the color change. i said WTF???? who has the time to realize i painted my front door????

yeah, when i am home during the week, i usually see at least one HOA car drive by taking notes of the neighborhood. If they could only see the amount of carbon dust in my garage, they would shit!! lol

with all that said, they do a very good job at keeping the area nice and the common ground perfect!! i never have to worry about my area looking like crap any time soon!

20. Quick

Do they even have double wides in Sweden? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Sweden with a trailer park in it. Now that I think of it, you don't have tornados there either do you.