Sleeper Mod - Rear Bumper

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by Big Bruin, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Big Bruin

Big Bruin Sea Bass

I saw a base 300 bumper for sale on Craigslist and it got me thinking of a mod - maybe it has been done already...

Install a base 300 bumper on the rear of an SRT8 300. Since the base bumper has no exhaust cut-outs, you'd have to go with turned down exhaust tips. Probably have to delete the resonators to make room, but since my exhaust was already cut for a Blastin Bob's kit it wouldn't be hard. A little bit of stainless straight pipe and some turned down tips. Then the question would be - hide the tips or let just a bit of chrome show on either side?

Doubt I will do it - but it would be different (to me, at least). Has it been done?

2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Just my opinion...but if someone is going to know the difference between the SRT8 bumper, and a regular 300 bumper, they will probably recognize the rest of the differences in the car as well. So, you'd probably need to do a lot more to acheive an actual sleeper look.

3. Bullishman13

Bullishman13 SRT8 Noob with a passion

Who are you sneaking around trying to walk all over?

Sleeper, debadging.....I'm interested to hear the stories out of it.

You can't hide sound though. lox is right, you'll have to overhaul the look to keep the people that know what to look for from catching on.

4. Big Bruin

Big Bruin Sea Bass

I've had plenty of people want to talk cars and they clearly don't know SRT8s. I just say I have a 300 and they say things about being to heavy/slow/underpowered. Not seeing two big chrome tips (I have dual walled Magnaflow's sticking out the back) might make the story last a little longer. But yeah, to those who know it would still be obvious - even before I turned the key.

5. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

It IS a cool idea however. Can you say "sleeper"?

6. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

You know the cheapest way to make the SRT300 into a sleeper right? Change the SRT8 badge to one of those SRTdesign badges. LoL! That's what I'm going to do, if I ever get any of the SRT8's :bigwink: