Shifting Issues......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LegMaker, Jan 6, 2011.

1. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

Need some insight from some of the experts. Seems my car has now decided it does not want to shift gears when in auto. Under light throttle it drives totally normal, but if i accellerate while in 2nd or 3rd even slightly aggressive, we are not talking anything close to wot, it will not shift unless i let out of the throttle just a bit. It just started doing this within the last couple of days. No changes. Had a MTCM in the car until that decided it did not want to play nice on the dyno back in Nov. Have been running a stock tcm with my shr tran since ATCO. Anybody got any ideas??? Motor is running great and the trans wants to shift hard and quick when wot, but this part throttle shifting behavior is annoying the piss out of me right now. If I drive in manual, no issues at all, but in auto it just does not want to shift gears under more aggressive part throttle.

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

So it was fine a few days ago and all of a sudden this cropped up? You holding out on us? Did you do or change ANYTHING just before it started?

Does your scanner show current gear and target gear pids? Is it picking the target gear as it should?

3. LegMaker

i loaded my latest revision from johan over new years. drove the car for a few days and all good. yesterday and today it started acting up. i have no way to monitor trans.

4. Quick

I'm thinking this would be the first place to look. I'm thinking the PCM won't tell it to shift if it's under load, or it's the TCM or something like that and maybe johan tweeked the torque management or something... that kind of thing. you know how the PCM pulls power right at the shift point. WOT would be a different mode.

Current gear might be a generic OBDII PID and I think target gear is a Chrysler specific PID? Both are reported by the PCM. Not sure if the PCM generates them or if it polls another module for them.

5. LegMaker

i will pose this question to johan........ fwiw - i reloaded my tune, reset tcm adaptives and still the same thing.

6. Quick

That's where I'd start anyway. Odd that it worked fine for a few days....
    Did you check for codes? maybe a sensor?

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I would have to agree with Dave on this one.

Also, maybe Johan played with shift points?

8. LegMaker

no, shift points are stock. i have been talking with both johan and eddie at shr and they are both working together to figure things out. in manual auto stick, it works perfectly. while at wot in full auto, it works perfectly...... just part throttle in auto is problematic. i have another tune to try. i am confident it is not a hardware/part issue, but somekind of software bug. maybe a tcm/pcm signal, or strange tune thing. i will try my new tune tonight and report back.....

9. Quick

I've been avoiding this... and after a whole day of preparing myself for the cringe I've got to ask... do you have a scan gauge outside of the Predator yet?

10. Brad Jones

Brad Jones New Member

Dude, you just can't help yourself , can you? :bigwink:

11. Quick

dahahahaha, no, I really can't.:sorry:

12. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

Damn Brad,Your alive!? Glad to see ya. Hows the beast running?