She's FINALLY FIXED!!!!!! (But which fan is it???)

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronic Modifications' started by SRTLUVR, Apr 11, 2010.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

EDIT!! WITH BOTH FANS KICKIN, ALL NEW RELAYS IN PLACE, I'M STILL OVERHEATING!! SO NOW GOES THE SEARCH FOR A WATERPUMP!!
    Hey boys (and Tam ;) ) -
    Which fan should kick on at "Low Speed"?? The Driver's side....or Passenger side?? Or does it even matter?? My low speed fan before, was the passenger side, and my high speed fan was my driver's side. But when Walker installed my new fan assembly this time, he hooked up the pigtails in reverse. So now, my low speed fan is on the driver's side, and my high speed is the passenger side!! So which way is right, and does it "really" matter??

Also, sidenote: Figured out that the aftermarket "relays" I bought, weren't relays at all, in fact. They were fuggin "electronic flashers." So once I got all thos POS's out, and got relays back inserted. All is well. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT AND FLOG THIS FUGGIN BITCH!!!!! She's got a fresh oil change, and I'm ready to drive the piss out of her!!!!! :rockon:

I'm about to head outside and lay a detail on this thing she's been ever so deserving of for the past 6 MONTHS!!!!! So I'll check this thread later tonight. For those that have my cell phone and would like to call me, go for it.......

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. MatFab

MatFab Full Access Member

Well glad ya finally got it fixed. That seemed to take a while. Classic mistake made me chuckle. How you feel about Greenings moving to Nashville?

3. SRTLUVR

Sucks for me! :( But it'll be great for them!! They'll bring in a whole new level of clientele. They're about to be rolling in $$$. All those football players that want to customize their Bentleys, Mercs, Lambos, and Ferraris will now have the best in the business......

4. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Yeah my fan relays are toast my low speed fan doesnt even come one, after shopping auto parts store I decided just to order 2 new OEM ones Part#4727370AA

5. SRTLUVR

Where did you order them from Wade?? Dealership?? I have two more relays that will be here tomorrow. Just curious.

6. SRTLUVR

I'm still getting a P0480 code, though?? "Fan Circuit 1"
    I'm hoping the relays I get in, tomorrow will help with this?? Anyone's thoughts?? Or answer to my original question??

When Ron and I spoke earlier today, he thought the low speed fan IS the driver's side......

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

yup, when my high speed fan motor went bad in 2006, it was on the passenger side.

8. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

Glad u got ur baby back up n running.

9. SRTLUVR

Thanks Ron!!!

Yeah, lol, me too, Kyron!! Always good to see you bro, glad you stopped by today. Sorry I wasn't much "fun." I was pretty focused on getting my girl all cleaned up. :D

10. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

My fans work fine using my jumper and one of the two relays. The part number on the relay now is 4692181AA but is superceded by part # 4727370AA, which oddly shows up as a Anti-Lock brake Pump Motor Relay for 97-98 Chrylser-LOL. O'Reillys and Autozone both said they would have to order is under their part # 20358 but Im just going to get the OEM one.

11. SRTLUVR

Gotcha. Thanks big daddy!

12. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Chase picked them up this morning and WOW MUCH BETTER. They are 5 pronged vs. 4 Pronged (dont worry they still fit) I'd imagine my relays were bad for almost a year and not coming on when they were supposed to, wonder if Mopar knew how bad they were and thats why they are 5 pronged now??? Anyway Jeep ran so much cooler on the way home and did not bounce all over the place on temps. Will make a post about relays here in a bit

13. SRTLUVR

Edit to original post! :(

14. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Chase, it matters which is high and low speed...the driver side is LS and passenger is HS, and needs to be for a reason...short reason why is time and distance it takes to dissipate heat and direction of coolant flow...Call me if you need help.

15. SRTLUVR

Cool. Got it Kyle. Well the fans were hooked up wrong the first time then. But they're correct now. :) BUT I'M STILL FUCKIN OVERHEATING. :(

Just ordered a new water pump.........it's the final straw. After this, I will have replaced EVERYTHING in the entire cooling system. 1 Rad cap, 1 ECT sensor, 2 thermostats, 2 fan assemblies, 3 relays, and now a water pump. There's nothing left to do.......

ANYBODY WANNA COME HELP ME INSTALL IT, SO I DON'T HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  16. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Dude...do you know what's involved in changing the pump? I suggest making notes and label each bolt location as you remove it.

Why are you still throwing a hi circuit code?

17. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Chase did you ever run it without a stat at all?

18. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

he has an idea on the fun it will be to replace the waterpump after are nice little chat earlier today kyle....

i have a feelin we are going to see the first water pump with a sticky impeller.....lol

19. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

IIRC he did....

20. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I hope you're right Chris, the impeller is plastic, and likely "glued" to the pump shaft. I don't remember seeing a key of any kind.