Random deer pics of the day

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by King Savage, Dec 18, 2010.

1. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

My neighborhood is always full of deer so I watch for unusual things among them. The buck was doing some crazy huffing thing down in the snow and was blowing snow all over the place...looked funny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is just something about ONE degree...a single degree :)

[​IMG]

2. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Lol. Cool shit Jon. Very peaceful bro.

3. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Ah yes, the cow's cuter cousin.

Cool pics, don't know how you stand it in that weather. My mom's in Cheyenne and I have no idea how she deals. The around freezing temps here lately just make me want to stay in bed and sleep till SpringFest.

4. 07norcalsrt8

07norcalsrt8 I'm So Screwed

So is my sister in law off of North College an E Pershing.. We were thinking of flying out there for a week during the winter but she flat out said the trek from Denver can either be a fun one or downright impossible... So we stayed home.... We go back out in August.. Flying this time...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  5. ChargerGirl

Ah, haven't actually visited her yet. She lives in an apartment in a complex that used to be off-base housing just north of I-80 near 85 it looks like. That's just based on the address she gives me to mail stuff. She's hoping to move out here before we start coming to visit her with Madeline.

As for the drive, yeah, she's driven down and back a couple of times and its hell, but after her experience at Oakland last month, she's willing to try driving down to join us for the drive to SpringFest and skip the airports altogether. Yes, I get the crazy-stubborn thing from her. :doh:

6. autotoystore

autotoystore New Member

That's super cool, we have deer all over at our lake house.

7. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Aaaa DEER = DINNER!!! LOL
    We have about 19 F right now and thats berable, wendsday theyre talking about sub zero F, and thats downright COLD!
    Nice shots.

Fredrik:zorro:

8. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

My thought exactly. Wouldn't last long around here.

9. King Savage

You have no idea the crazy(?) things that go through my mind as I drive 3' beside them. I am pretty sure I could get into P, get out and get my arms around one of their necks...but short of packing a knife and goring the thing curbside, I don't really want to get dragged around the park or whatever. I have thought about running one over at slow speed...I would have to do it at night so I could do the load/getaway all stealth-like...

10. ChargerGirl

Yeah, and if you're on the wrong end of a rear-leg kick, you're dead. Bambi's all muscle.

11. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

haha, ...and their hoofs are sharp! Many times the serious injuries come after the deer comes through the windshield.

deer freezes in headlights
    deer leaps straight up at last second
    deer comes through windshield
    deer is relatively distraught and flails wildly trying to get out

...make sure you've drunk enough before going Rambo on the deer. Then you'll have an excuse afterwards.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  12. ChargerGirl

My uncle survived two deer jumping in his car during his commute on a six lane highway. They dodged all the other cars and went straight for his apparently. Little 90s Chevy four door, they totalled it mostly because of the smell afterward. Uncle was REALLY lucky, only injury was the glass flying in his face when the deer leaped through his driver's window, over him, into the backseat. The other deer came through the rear windshield then jumped out a back window. The one deer died in the backseat and the other in the ditch. I think my uncle blacked out from shock it all happened so fast.

13. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

My first cuz did that. He ran over a doe at a slow speed, slammed the brakes, a little to early and she was still under the truck bed kicking the shit outta the truck. He pulls out his pocket knife and dives under the lifted 4x4 truck and grabs her around the neck. She tries to stand up with him, splitting his head open, he hangs on and wrestles with her in a head lock. Manages to get a few stabs to the throat and finally slits her throat. He's laying there half under the truck catching his breath, when guess who drives up? Yup, 5.0!!!
    He climbs from under the truck holding a knife and covered in blood and hair. Bleeding from his head. Cop drew down on him and everything. Ended with 5 stitches and a bad headache. It took him 30 minutes to tell me the story, I kept laughing my ass off. He was like, dude, it ain't fuxking funny.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  14. ChargerGirl

There's a reason you don't hear about people going deer hunting with a knife like they do with boars sometimes. Just use a freakin' gun. If you're feeling all old school, go bow hunting.

15. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I quit when it became mundane and unchallenged. With a bow, it's more difficult, but after about 15, it also became boring. Venison is good, but black angus is better, and cheaper. I use to spend about 10k a year to dear hunt. Looking back, seems retarded.

I still go, but only to bring my nephews and let them shoot, all I shoot is pictures and jäger bombs!

16. ChargerGirl

Yeah, the only venison we ever had was after Bambi totalled my step-dad's truck and someone on the scene was able to salvage enough to make a few steaks for us. And we raised Angus and other beef cattle. Venison tastes a little better if its not gamey, but yeah the cost/PITA level way outpaces any benefit.

17. King Savage

totally WURD.

I see/taste deer/altelope/elk all the damn time and I am telling ya beef is the shiznit.

I just bought half a beef and am having the whole thing jerked. I like jerky :)

(I still want to wrestle a deer into my garage)

18. King Savage

50 yards from my house...this herd hung here for 3 or 4 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. King Savage

Milling around looking for a leader to make the first move to....somewhere. Lol. The stupid things make it impossible to grow a garden of any kind. You can see the river bottom between the two houses waaaay down there. Taken a couple of days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Firecrackers work.