ProCharged and luvin' it!!!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by cvp33, Jun 5, 2009.

1. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Finally got around to posting on this but really I'm sure everyone who's interested in getting the SRT8 supercharged has already read up on all the posts out there. Here's a few details and initial impressions - who, what, where and wtf:

1) Installation took about 2 and 1/2 days at DynoTuned Performance
    2) Car was dyno tuned with nothing crazy. 5-6psi, AFR's under 11 at WOT, no turning off knock sensors, etc.
    3) Car put down 492rwhp on a 92* day with 70% humidity. Can't wait to see/feel this car in some good air.
    4) Installation is super clean. Hood closed all you see is the intercooler through the grille. Hood open is another story.
    5) Figured out a way to keep my catch can by mounting to the fuse box, but not completely happy with the look......yet.
    6) The open hood sound at idle is honestly a little off-putting as there is a "dry-bearing" sound to these units(this is normal). Hood closed though and inside the car there really is no hint of the change.

Now for the test drive.
    1) Let me first say that I've driven my two SRT8's right at 100K miles. I know how the car should feel. I know that if I hold the gas down for X seconds I'll be going X miles per hour, etc. as I'm sure all the diehards can attest. My current ride now has 66,000 miles. (I know what crazy person would supercharge a car with 66K miles? )
    2) My initial impressions were underwhelming as the car just doesn't feel that much faster. The power delivery is very "linear" and sneaks up on you. The difference is when you look at the speedo. Where you're use to seeing 60mph, you now look down and see 75 or 80.
    3) When I left the shop I feathered it out of the whole and got a great launch. Feels strong but not 100 more HP strong. I hit second and I'm just not feeling it. Then I look in the rear view and see 2 100ft. black stripes behind me. Wholly crap! No wonder I'm not going any faster.
    4) I'm running Toyo 275/40's on all 4 corners and T/C is now useless. On or off you're going to roast the tires. There's absolutely no hope of stopping it. Feathering is a must off the line and at the 1-2 shift.
    5) All the usual "kick downs" are still there 25mph, 60mph and 80mph. You nail the gas at those speeds and within 3 seconds you're going 40mph faster. Quite a hoot from 80 to 120 btw.
    6) The noise at cruising speed is zero difference, I literally can't here the S/C. I have a stock exhaust with Magnaflow highflow cats only.
    7) Gas mileage is better, but in the neighborhood of 1 mpg not the 2 I've seen others post. Also dropped in a 180* thermostat and it's running at 205 to 210* in 90* air with the air conditioning on high.

So to recap. I was contemplating getting the new CTS-V, but with the economy, etc. didn't feel a new car was in the cards. For a little over $7K, believe me, I've got all the new car I can handle. I literally have to relearn how to drive this beast all over again. I've probably lost 2/32nds of tread depth on the rears just exploring where the limits are.

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

teeeeee heeeee

Welcome to the F/I family. Well said brotha and a HUGE congrats to you.

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Congrats & enjoy the blow job..:dancinlock:

4. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

I want. I want bad. :yes:

5. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

Love the whistle on those pros!

Time for some videos sir

6. sdcarguy

sdcarguy A bit off

set the temps on your predator to 180 for low 185 med and 189 for the high speed fans and she will cruise at 180-190 in 100 degree heat :) Enjoy!

7. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Took some pictures today after I got my LED bling rings installed. What a bitch!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  8. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

That's a good looking blower. Congrats again!

9. BOSChargerSRT

BOSChargerSRT Full Access Member

chris, well you've been busy.... congrats bro!

i want to join the club toooo!!!!!!!

10. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Yes I have. I painted the calipers red too, but frankly they're too filthy to post pictures.

11. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

congrats chris!!! yep, i was pretty damn impressed wehn i went 80 - 120 in the blink of an eye after my blower install!!! as for laying down rubber..... once i have a torque convertor that will fully lock up under accel, i might be able to do that as well!! lol

12. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

does this s/c taps into ur oil pan?

13. Dtpracing

Dtpracing Supporting Vendor

No, it's a self contained unit.