Problemas!!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by MotherMopar, May 5, 2009.

1. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Thanks my butt-humping friend.

In all fairness, I COULD have given them more opportunities to set this straight (as in doing whatever else they may have asked), but I just don't feel like diddling around anymore. They already told me that they 'don't get into fixing engines'... Between work, family and everything else, I've grown complacent and feel like procrastinating, which I've done already. Just time to move forward one way or the other.

BTW: Could use a hummer! LOL

2. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

hummer?????

get with rick or drew........

3. MotherMopar

Ok, ok, ok... Then a angry handy-j with one of those prosthetic hands you keep in the bedside drawer! LOL

4. greatone61

greatone61 Full Access Member

5. LegMaker

and you should see the new hands on the market now!!!! :shifty:

6. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

jason you need to contact a good lawyer. i dont know why you havent already.

7. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

NOOOOW, I understand the other SHO post travesty. Very sorry to hear about your problems, Jason. Sounds like you need an intervention or some kinda Mopar rehab. :bigwink:

Or whatever it is the EQ does to cheer each other up.... :blink:

8. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

I agree with Steve it's time to call a layerr it will cost u less in the long run

9. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Sorry to hear it Jason, but I have to say I don't blame them, once you take the car to a non Vortech Authorized Service Center when you have an issue you basically throw the warranty out the window.

Have you determined what actually caused the failure?

10. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Jason had Ralph come over and take a look at it. No one else has looked at it.

11. LegMaker

huh????? he took the car into a dealer for plastic under body pieces to be fixxed. the heat exchanger was replaced when they noticed it damaged. if vortech would balk at this type of situation, that is total bs. if we were talking about tuning by someone else, i would totally agree with you kris, but c'mon....... we're talking plastic pieces dealing with nothing but the car. the only thing remotely dealing with the blower is the heat exchanger........ although in todays enviroment in regards to liability i guess anything can give a vendor, not just vortech, the reason to deny liability when issues arise....... so in that mind set you are probably correct......

12. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

no it won't.

13. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought Jason knew about the Heat Exchanger and that is why he took it to the dealer, my bad. I don't know all the details only what has been posted in this thread.

It sucks for Jason I know, but unfortunately when we mod our cars we take the chance there may be an issue.

Still it begs the question what caused the failure...I know there was a post stating the heat exhanger being damaged/ crashed caused the issue...was this determined to be the cause?

I just posted what I did because if anyone else with a Voretch and warranty reads this they need to make sure they follow the correct protocol to make sure they have the best chance of getting things fixed if there is an issue. Call the Certified Vortech dealer that did the work and have them check things out first, if you don't, you run the risk of not having the car warrantied...it is in black and white in the Vortech warranty, once someone else's hands are on it it becomes hard to warranty something. I am just throwing that out there for anyone else that may have issues in the future.

14. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I think the only thing shared so far is that one or more plugs were flat starting with cylinder #5. Unless I missed it, nothing has been posted except that the plugs were pulled and inspected.

15. MotherMopar

Pretty much true. This happened to another Vortech car, although a bit different scenario, and it was due to overheating... Directly correlated to the blower.

16. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Jason, did you have the 3yr/36k warranty or not? I saw a post where you thought you had it and another where you were not sure. If you did indeed have it, what was the reason it was not warranteed and what is the reason that it was found to fail.

I am just curious, we have not had any local customers have heating issues with the Vortech kits and it gets really hot here most of the year.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  17. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Who's car was that? I hope you don't mean Ryan's, because his overheating was NOT related to the blower. It was due to a broken belt tensioner and the water pump stopped spinning (so did the blower) causing the overheating. Could have happened to any engine, NA or not.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  18. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

How do you break a belt tensioner? And, WTF is it? LOL

19. LegMaker

belt tensioners hold tension on the serpentine belt that runs everything on the motor.... ie, a/c, water pump, power steering, and in jasons case, the blower as well. a tensioner can break no matter what the situation, n/a or f/i. if it fails, the belt becomes loose and will not turn anything....

20. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

here you go rick.
    [​IMG]
    what happens is the coil spring breaks and it falls apart. the belt gets loose and the pulleys stop spinning, or atleast slow down depending on where they are located in refence to the crank shaft.