Problemas!!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by MotherMopar, May 5, 2009.

1. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

I was referring to ryan's car... That's also why I said the scenario was different. His car overheated and crushed his spark plug as well. Same result, different cause. Btw: was it a stock tensioner that broke? I seriously don't know.

As for the warranty, we were told, over the phone, that they were going to give us the 3 year warranty... That employee (manager) has since left Vortech. Even Drew believed he was covered. Either way, they don't believe their product was involved in my engine issues... So the warranty is a moot point anyway.

2. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

This is why I am very excited we have an electric water pump coming soon!
    Belt slips, belt breaks, tensioner breaks and S/C or not you are screwed in a hurry if you don't have an electric pump, or are not monitoring things very closely.

3. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

Naw, these are fairly smart cars and will go into protection mode when injured like that. And besides, that conversion is gonna be pricy if it's the one I know about. But, if you want the best, there ya go.

4. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Smart yes, but I think it would be good insurance if someone is putting 10k+ into a motor/supercharger etc. And we know nothing is cheap for these cars it seems...sigh.

Cam are you saying if the water pump stops working...ie belt/tensioner gone...you wont lift a head gasket or worse? It doesn't take long for things to get hot

5. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Yes, it was a stock tensioner.

6. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Thanks fellas!!!

7. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Belt Tensioner: That would be the 2 foot pry bar that you wedge between the block and the alternator. Apply leverage against the alternater while locking down the adjustment nut.

(maaaany years later)

Belt Tensioner: half inch drive that fits in that indentation in the alternator specifically there to tension the belt with (the pry bar was easier and nobody owned a half inch drive breaker with a 2' handle anyway).

8. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

9. Vortech

Vortech Supporting Vendor

MotherMopar, this situation is indeed unfortunate, but your reaction to it has certainly not helped anyone - Vortech, the readers of this forum, and least of all...you. When you contacted our service department regarding this issue, our service manager at no point said we would not help you, or that we were not interested in doing so. Why would you even insinuate that? What do you stand to gain by doing so? The last conversation with us ended in our service manager requesting that you have the motor torn down and find out what actually happened, and then consult back with us and we would go from there. We have heard nothing from you since...AND NOW THIS??? We understand the situation is unfortunate, and I'm sure it feels better to vent with the community here...but don't try to paint a fictional picture of what is actually going on. There is just no reason for it. Get the motor apart, find out what really happened, call and talk to our service manager before any more of this unnecessary negativity. Please, for everyone's sake.

10. MotherMopar

I will pm my response.

11. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

jason - like i have mentioned before, the guys at paxton/vortech are pretty easy going fellas and will work with you. stay positive and it will all work out brother!!

12. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

thats bullshit chris, theyre some of the most difficult people to deal with in this business. anyone who has had any problem with one of their superchargers and now service can attest to that, me being one of them...they had my t trim for 6 months before they sent it back along with a bill for $350....they still have another blower of mine that they say was shipped back as well but i guess it got "lost" in transit. this was all to vortech engineering.

as an R and D car, they should have immediately told momo to bring his car in for a full inspection at their cost. this rebuttal from them is classic bullshit, they know that a regular guy doesnt have the 2k or more for a complete engine breakdown.

breaking apart the motor to find out what exactly went wrong is a sign of delay and theyre hoping you procrastinate long enough to void what warranty the previous manager said they would honor. momo has a solid case and should hire a lawyer immediately. ill call my uncle later today to see if he can do this pro-bono. this doesnt just involve momo, there were plenty of you guys in this R&D project.

hopefully just getting him involved will get this thing moving.

13. MotherMopar

I appreciate the responses folks. I've been pm'ing Vortech. While at the moment those pm's will remain private. The short of it is that there's no change and that I'm still taking the alternate route; although I will inform Vortech of any findings to refute or back-up our initial beliefs as to the cause of the failure. What will occur remains to be seen.

One thing I do realize (as a layman) is that there may be no way to pin down exactly what happened, so any claim as to what caused the failure may be moot. Long story... Alot of scenario possibilities... Alot of factors. I've described them, others have offered suggestions... It's all in the thread already.

Bottom line: the rings overheated, the engine broke. How, what, when, who caused it is unknown... And honestly, there may be no way to prove what caused it and when and why. We all have our suspicions and beliefs.

Confused? Me too! Anyway I will update as necessary.

14. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

jason is the engine repairable?....PPP had a great deal on a 6.1 with most everything except the intake....you probably saw it...1000 miles for $3500?

15. MotherMopar

Don't know if it's repairable yet. Thanks for the info though!!!

Given the ambiguity of all this, I'm not sure the blower will go back on the car... I apparently don't know enough to safely run a FI car, or so it seems... That's no bash, just the facts, jack! LOL