Pro Charger Tuning w/ 426 Stroker?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by CrazySRT8, Jun 8, 2009.

1. CrazySRT8

CrazySRT8 New SRT8 Owner

As far as I know, my 426 Inertia Stroker is on its way to Tony @ Shippan Motors for the install! I've been inquiring about a twin screw, I think I'll pass on it, should have enough low end trq w/ stroker. I'm looking to see if any members are running a 426 stroker with a Pro Charger? how is the powerband, is the tunning good, o.k. or great? and how does it run day to day? what HP can I expect? would you do it again? do I need a meth kit? and what other accesories should I consider besides the Rear End? and Trans? I have a new 09 Rear. should the fuel system be up graded? Just a few last questions, I don't even want to order before I have all the necessities in the cost factor! Thanks ,I've made alot of posts regarding FI, however, I need this build to be a success! my last one was a huge loss!

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Get with Nathan (RedFox). He has a 426 with a ProCharger and just ran a 10.8x this past weekend.

I highly recommend a meth kit and upgraded fuel system.

What's wrong with a Twin Screw? I have my CMW 426 and Techco combo and it is a monster. hehe

And you might want to pay attention to this thread.

http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14657

3. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

nathan went 10.8x??? wow!!!

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

5. CrazySRT8

CrazySRT8 New SRT8 Owner

I was at Maple Grove and Nathan's car was the first LX I saw! WOW, I was in awe of the way that car sounds, it its truly insane sounding! I'm looking to drive the car, that car is a little out of my league! I just want a S/C Stroker that is drivable! Nathan's car seems to be a racecar, I would like to run 6-8 lbs boost. Tractable and Linear acceleration !

6. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

DTP is putting one together now. From what I remember:

1000 HP axles
    Builder Bill Transmission
    New fuel system
    And definitely alot of time tuning on the dyno

The stock motors put down 515rwhp in good air with the ProCharger. I believe with the forged 426 they were shooting for 700hp with more boost. We'll see. Let us know what you do.

7. Redfox0099

Redfox0099 NASCAR Tech Student

Call me if you want, if you want a DD for less than $30,000 in aftermarket parts to make the S/Cer work then I suggest you just get a N/A motor and be happy.

Nathan
    706-910-6990

8. Johnparts@modernmuscle

Johnparts@modernmuscle Secret Squirrel

Yep just sent them Axles and a fuel system should be a bad boy

9. lafrad

lafrad Supporting Vendor

5 psi peak on a medium compression non-intercooled 426 with water injection would probably be a fun trip too :) Find one of the sell-off Novi 1200 or 1500 head units from the old GSM kits, rip the intercooler out and pully it for 5 psi at shift. get a progressive water/meth controller to do the water injection into the inlet of the blower with manifold boost. I wouldn't spray both water/meth unless you are at the track, it can get funky with the tuning.

Probably can set it up to be subtle enough to go unnoticed until you start turning timeslips

10. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

I still have that supercharger for sale crazy let me know. will cost you half of what a new procharger will cost you

11. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

is this Jason that I met at Maple Grove with the 22" Asantis???

12. CrazySRT8

CrazySRT8 New SRT8 Owner

My name is Todd, and yes, I was @ Maple Grove from CT. w/ 22" Asanti's on the black 300.

13. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

not to mention john's paxton novi head unit just was freshly rebuilt!!!

as lafrad said, look for a paxton head unit and get creative....... i am very happy with mine!!!!

mike - are you talking about spraying BEFORE the blower???? i have my meth set up spraying just before the tb. are you trying to cool the air before it even hits the air/water after cooler by spraying before the blower???? never thought of that........ mmmmmm.... not you got me thinking!!! lol why not run the meth/water all the time???? just curious.

14. lafrad

lafrad Supporting Vendor

Yep. QUite a few other car platforms have done this.

it has the fun fact of: water droplets spun through the blower evaporate and cool the charge AS IT COMPRESSES... the air just never gets warm.

Also, if you keep the volume of water *reasonable*, the extra mass it has becomes more centrifugal "force" to pull more air into the engine: more BOOST from just spraying a little water through it!

If you are looking to spray anytime you see boost, I would STRONGLY suggest only using distilled water. Methanol has fuel in it and WILL screw around with closed loop. (see the other thread for that info). Also, i would only spray based on *how much* boost there is.... progressive controller.