Prez Obama

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by Ooomph, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Ooomph

Ooomph I tea-bagged your drumset

I can't say I really liked either candidate but I do feel 4 years of Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart and SNL making fun of McCain/Palin would still be more amusing than the 4 years of the ass-raping Obama will receive from O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity.

I'll still laugh either way. :p

--but you have to admit, Will Ferrell's "George W.Bush" impersonation is simply hilarious, imagine what they could've done with McCain.

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Sorry Thom, but I have to issue a warning due to another thread going south.

This forum will NOT tolerate name calling or any other milicious wording because of our new President Elect.

PLEASE keep it civil or this thread will get the lock down as well.

Thanks!

3. Ooomph

Ooomph I tea-bagged your drumset

cool, no worries Ron. I'm really just talking about the humor factor (or lack thereof) based on who was running. I'm not really talking politics.

I'd much rather see McCain/Palin getting spoofed with the entire nation chuckling vs. Obama get'n beat-up by the aforementioned conservative trio.

But like I said, either way I'll still laugh, lol.

4. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Meh, SNL and the others will spoof Obama too. Now that he's on top, he's fair game. He just doesn't know it yet.

5. durangatang

durangatang asphaultmeltingeuphoria

Oh yeah! thats the good side of politics watching them being spoofed on all the cable news shows. I could have gone either way, anxious to see how the next 4 years pan out.

6. OMSRT8

OMSRT8 Full Access Member

Get your wallet out.

7. greatone61

greatone61 Full Access Member

He did get favorable media coverage throughout the campaign. But as they say...we have to roll with the punches.....

8. Leadfootluke

Leadfootluke New Member

Im pretty sure if Palin turns up in the news, Tina Fey will show up that Saturday :D

9. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

snl did a good obama impression, the mccain one was pretty weak. though, i guess its easier to do obama than just another old guy.

10. Brudda*Termite

Brudda*Termite On a Bicycle!

I think of the three conservative types you mentioned, O'Reilly gave Obama a tough interview but stayed fair and above the board and has continued to. About the other two, hey, that's their job, hehe.

I'd like to see what I think are hateful guys like Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews try to stay professional while trying to interview McCain or Palin, they just couldn't pull it off.

Media bias spotlight powering down...

11. greatone61

greatone61 Full Access Member

Speaking of Opinionated New Shows that guy on CNN pisses me off....Lou Dobbs.

12. Jim383

Jim383 07 SRT-8 GC

I was laffin at hannity last nite eatin a big plate of crow. Well now Oboma is pres it will give hannity 4 more yr with a job bashing him. Orilley says hes an independent but he leans to the right as all his ppl hosting his shows when hes gone are all rep.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  13. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

[​IMG]

14. MoePar

MoePar New Member

If we had a fair and unbiased media, I truely believe we would have had a much different out come in the election. To bad, that is not possible.

15. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

I was in front of the Fox news building today on 6th avenue and 48th street in Manhattan, from reading the news ticker from fox on the building I was totally disgusted by Fox news, talk about being being one sided. I thought news channels were supposed to be unbias, what a bunch of scumbags this channel has turned out to be.

Now I personally did not vote because both candidates suck IMO, but from reading alot of peoples opinions I see people saying omg this country is done for, its over blah blah blah. Did you think its ok with this W douchbag in office, I mean are these people seriously saying you want another 4 years of this guys shit?

Give this guy Obama a chance, like we have a choice in the matter, if he sucks oh well he is gone in 4 years. The Fox news ticker this morning said SCARY TIMES, Pres-elect Obama to receive classified documents today for president and high members of cabinets eyes only. In my mind I thought and what is he going to do put them on ebay for the highest bidder, shame on you Fox, you suck report the news and let the people decide you pricks!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  16. Leadfootluke

Leadfootluke New Member

I agree Fox is bais. But you need to show some balance. 90%+ of media sources on TV, the internet and published magazines are left of center :whistle: Talk about making you sick.

17. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Agreed!

18. durangatang

durangatang asphaultmeltingeuphoria

I can't believe the coverage that he is getting! I feel like the rest of the country are a bunch of crying babies!

19. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

I love Rush Limbaugh. In fact I have lot's of friends who do illegal drugs just like him.

I love O'Reilly. In fact many of my friends cheat on their wives.

I love Alaska. Where else can a convicted felon run for a Federal Office, while running from federal prison.

The best part of the long campaign season has been watching Sarah. Ah, Sarah. Please Playboy, offer her a $100 Million to pose for the magazine. That's some economic relief that every American male could use.

20. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

This election was not a win.....It was a mandate ! I wont sit and gloat or say I told you so...But I did tell all of you didn't I :mains::mains: Don't let fear make your judgements.....Let informed intelligence do it....Sick out :thongue2: