Personal best at Ecotrak

Discussion in 'Videos and Pictures' started by Velociabstract, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

Sunday I had a personal best at the local go-cart/short track/tire shredder track. Only 20 cars showed up which meant we all wore out our tires before track time was over. I believe the best time on street tires at this track is 56.1 and I managed a 56.666. Can you say pumped? With a little tweaking of my line to take advantage of the strong points of my car I think I can reach 55's. I don't think this video has my best time of the day but WTF, here it is.:bye:

Les

http://www.vimeo.com/17781588

2. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Very nice Les! No wonder you are one of the fastest!
    Nice smooth lines, using all of the track and one of the first I´ve seen handle the steeringwheel in a correct manner.
    No weaving about and all pushing, no pulling of the wheel.
    Really nice to see, can´t wait for spring, we have 2 feet of snow here...:cry:

Fredrik:D

3. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

Thanks Speedy! The 2 PCA driving schools I attended teached to pull the wheel. When investigating driving fast on the internet and I read about pushing the wheel. So I do both, I start by pulling and in the corner push to make corrections. It works for me. I'm practicing rotating the car with the throttle which is fun, but I still need more data to know if it's faster. My next step is left foot braking. I think it could really improve my times. My car turns much better with trail braking and if I can learn to brake and be on the gas at the same time ........ oh the posibillities for additional speed in the corners! Any helpful hints are welcome, I'll try anything twice.

Les

4. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

I don´t know if leftfootbreaking works on our cars, depends on the tune.
    The Mercedes I drive on weekends (crappy 200 Diesel so dont get to exited...) won´t have any of it. If I toutch the brake while on the throttle it instantly kills the throttle!
    Anyway, leftfootbraking is normally for front or all wheel drive cars, but you do want a smooth transition from breaking to accelerating, trailbreaking allowes you to brake later and the sooner you can get on the gas...
    By pushing the wheel in stead of pulling it you push yourself into the seat, allowing it to keep the driver in place and you get a much better feel for what the car is doing, you know this Les, more for others so they know what we´re talking about.
    Keep it up!

Fredrik:D