Part Throttle Boost Solution...

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by 351Freak, Dec 7, 2009.

1. 351Freak

351Freak New Member

For those that are looking at turbos or positive displacement blowers (techo - Kenne Bell - etc...)

Have you considered this :

Use a wide-band 02 controller that has "narrow band" auxillary outputs that are adjustable... (alot of the current units feature this ability...to be compatable with the stock sensors)

You simply "offset" the narrow band output to the AFR you are comfortable with...and switch the car's signals via a 1-3 psi Hobbs switch ...1PDT ( 1 pole, double throw switch... normally closed for the factory 02...and the normally open side for the wideband AUX output)

Your car now sees the factory 02 for no boost...and as soon as boost kicks in...it switches to the altered signal from the wideband (that is now offset to add extra fuel) until you get out of boost...!!!

I would try it myself...but I dont got boost...!!!

I may try a setup with a switch closer to 0 psi or very little vacuum...to see if I can get it sorted out N/A...

Anyway...just food for thought...

-Freak

2. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

It's a good idea, but who is going to test it out...

If I hadn't have blown my motor earlier this year, I honesty would test it out but I just can't right now.

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I would, but I am still fighting tune and fuel. lol Too cold and lazy to reconnect the Show and Perf. fuel line. hahahahaha

4. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i would but im a jackass! :D LOL

5. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

6. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  7. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Umm, err, you mean they both have something to do with FI? :bang:

8. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Part throttle boost.

9. samith

samith New Member

Really individuals already do this. Only issue is that it won't offer enough nitrous to actually reduced consumption air heat range. This remedy generally is to help decrease heat range of areas such as the consumption numerous, supercharger, or turbo charger by motor section remove (i.e. into the motor section not into the consumption tract)

If you can't manage nitrous overall I don't recommend you use it because if you don't observe the a/f rate in your car you shouldn't be tossing nitrous into burning...you'll trim grab your motor if you do factors irrelavent.