*** Ozzie's SpeedFest – Irvine, California – March 16, 2008

Discussion in 'National Events' started by Ozzie, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Fast56k

Fast56k New Member

Count me in Oz. How do we pay?

C.

2. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Tam's right. You really don't need to worry about fussing with your ride for this event. As long as your brakes work fine, and nothing's about to fall off your ride, then you'll do just fine, as well.

If you get the "competitive" bug after participating in the SpeedFest though, then....... sorry.......... my bad. :tomato:

3. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Ozzie, how many runs would someone "typically" do at the auto-x? I just don't want to go through a set of pads and tires.

4. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Hey Carl!

Info below is copied from the first post.

For those already registered for the Spring Festival of LXs, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK!

You will need to sign in with the username and password you used during Spring Festival registration.

If you have not yet registered for the Spring Festival, please do so at www.SoCalLX.com, and then return to the SpeedFest link above (or simply select the SpeedFest tab after successful signup).

If you are NOT attending the Spring Festival of LXs, but will be attending the SpeedFest, please follow the same instructions for registering at the Spring Festival site, but answer "No" to the question "Will you will be attending the Spring Festival".

5. Fast56k

Fast56k New Member

Done!

C.

6. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Impossible to say, Bud. "As many as you feel comfortable with" is the best answer I can give you. Some folks go nuts, and practically destroy their brake pads and tires.

Others take it easy, concentrating on driving quickly, and smoothly. Checking the condition of their brakes regularly, taking into account how far they need to drive home after the event. Typically, they are the ones with the best results at the end of the day, too.

It's not so much the number of runs, really. But how AGGRESSIVELY you tackle the course.

Plus, you can alternate. Do a run or two of the autocross, then switch to the drag session right across the tarmac. If you start with your ride in good condition though, you should be able to have fun all day without running out of brake pads or ruining any tires. And get home safely.

7. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Awesome! :rock:

8. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I'm in. Paid. Just hope my car is ready.

9. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

WooHooo! Alright Hal! :thumb3:

10. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Yeah, I did autocross all day last year and ended up shaving 9 seconds off my times. Wasn't THE fastest, but I learned a lot and my brakes and tires were fine to drive home on. :dance4:

I always make sure and get the oil changed and the car looked over before I go to one of these events and then after just in case, but no problems thus far. :thumb:

The only technical difficulties I had were at Willow back in May of last year and it was hot out and I hadn't gotten the oil change before hand, so I had to get some more oil off of Meister oh and I managed to confuse my tranny and throw it into limp mode, but Willow can be a bit more hard core than what I expect you'll be seeing at this event. :boxed:

11. hemi8tr

hemi8tr SRT-HEMI

if we want to enter more than 1 class do we have to pay for each or pay once and enter different classes?

12. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

One payment of $95.00 (until March 1) covers one participant for the whole day's activities.

The drag race classification you select initially will be part of your profile in the event database. Your race number will be attached to that, against which times will be recorded, so I'm gonna say you get to officially enter in one class. Only.

You can unofficially run in any class, and compare your times informally if you want. You just won't be in the running for any trophy for that classification.

13. hemi8tr

hemi8tr SRT-HEMI

i went and paid the $95 but it will not let me chooe a class. it shows a graph of entries. there was no spot at paypal either. do we choose when we get there?

14. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Thanks for signing up! There is a survey on the SpeedFest signup page that has the classifications.

In theory, one of the classification buttons should have been clicked before transferring to the PayPal page.

But don't worry, just PM me the classification you'd like and I'll take care of it! :thumb3:

15. FactoryD

FactoryD Full Access Member

OH MAN!!!

Ozzie, this is great!

I'm gonna try my hardest to be there. I have some mods to do. If I can get 'em done in time, I'm there, bud!

16. Fast56k

Fast56k New Member

Oz man, do you need me to do something about VHT? I guess the place is right here in AZ.

C.

17. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

It would be GREAT to see you here, mate! :thumb3:

Thanks Carl! If you get a chance to check it out, PM me what the cost is from that source.

18. Ruff N Tuff RT

Ruff N Tuff RT THE PAVEMENT IS MY CANVAS

I dont get how to register

19. Ruff N Tuff RT

Ruff N Tuff RT THE PAVEMENT IS MY CANVAS

I clicked on that link thats for the ones that allready registered to SF of LX's

Once I logged on does that mean im registered?

20. Mr. Moe

Mr. Moe New Member

Will pay before the first.