Our newest venture...

Discussion in 'Diablosport Q&A' started by 1bad4dr, Jan 30, 2008.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

We would like to take this opportunity to THANK DiabloMotorsports for agreeing to have us create a Q&A and tech Support forum SOLEY for Diablo Motorsports.

In this forum, you will be able to ask Diablo questions that are otherwise unanswered from our awsome selection of Supporting Vendors.

Please keep it to technical questions and be RESPECTFUL to ALL.

Also, do not get discouraged if your questions are not answered immediately as our friends at Diablo Motorsports can only participate when they have available time. lol In other words, they are busy making our whips BETTER by adding updates and codes to an already EXCELLENT tuner.

Thanks Mike and the team from Diablo Motorsports.

2. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

great section to have ron!! look forward to learning more and more about the tuning of our rides!!! it is a steep learning curve for me!!!! hahahaha

3. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

This is good. Very good. Look at the brain on Ron!

4. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

It's nice to see someone is using their's to it's fullest! Unlike MOMO on the short bus and now the self proclaimed leader of the "EQ"!

Great to hear DIABLO is here! Now I just have to buy one, so I can bug the hell out of these guys.......................................

5. sgtstanko

sgtstanko Want to go FASTER!!!

Great idea :clapping:

6. SOUTHERNHOTROD

SOUTHERNHOTROD Supporting Vendor

I can not imagine owning an SRT-8 without having a Predator! It's that good! :king:

7. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

well put edwin.....

8. chaman

chaman Staff; Brain Mechanic

Okay....Im currently running a BG tune in my PCM. It runs so much better than stock but im wondering:

Can I have the Diablo and store this BG tune as my STOCK one in the Predator?

Does this tuner come with already programed performance tunes to the most common mods as CAI and catback?

9. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

very very smart move...and will help us out a TON!!!!

10. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

Depending on the calibration level of the flash that Dave put on the PCM, the Predator does have the ability to save it as a backup.
    Assuming the calibration is up to date, the Predator will save the B&G flash, and allow you to either modify it through the Predator, or install any of our tunes.
    The Predator does have CAI tunes in it right out of the box.

Thanks
    Mike

11. chaman

chaman Staff; Brain Mechanic

Mine is a stage II BG flash if memory serves me well.

12. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

You must have the latest Chrysler calibration on the PCM or the Predator will not recognize it....my B&G II for eg...did not but Chris's (Legs) did, so I would have to send it back to Dave to reflash in order to make it play nice with the Diablo...I believe he was charging 130 for this. You will find out if the PCM needs and update once the Predator is plugged in. These updates can also be downloaded from Diablo's site if you are using a stock PCM.

13. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

r20 rough downshift in autostick

'06 MSRT8 running r20 CAI 91 Oct.
    -all fans dropped 18* for 185* tstat
    -raised shift points
    -added fuel 5,5,3 then upped it to 10,10,6

I think only the raised shift points are of interest but listed everything for completeness.

When the car is in stick mode the automatic downshift to 2nd is quite harsh.
    This is when slowing to a stop and the car automatically downshifts. First to 2nd then 1st as you come to a complete stop. The downshift to 2nd is abrupt enough to be very noticeable. Like a klunk. It feels and sounds (maybe you can't hear it) exactly like a bad U joint would. If the car is in automatic mode it does not do this and you cannot feel the downshift (yes, it downshifts at what seems to be the same points?). I did not try it without raised shift point. Thoughts on this?

Side question: In r20 raised shift points are available in both the modify parameters section for the tune and also availble in the Quick Adjust section. - Are these interchangeable? With the only difference being that if you enable raised shift points in the tune you don't have to re-apply it when re-loading the tune after changing something else?
    - If you have enabled raised shift points in the tune I assume you can later disable raised shift points with the Quick Adjust?
    - If you enabled raised shift points in the tune and later disabled raised shift points with Quick Adjust I assume that if you reloaded the tune the raised shift points would then be enabled again (unless you reapplied the Quick Adjust parameters?)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  14. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

I would have to ask if you have tried resetting the tranny adaptives to see if it makes this go away.
    The raised shift point options in the tool are the same in either menu, both do the same thing, just two different ways of getting there...

Also, I wonder about adding 10% fuel to the tune.
    The 8r20 CAI tunes have more fuel added than any other revision, so I am curious as to how you came up with those settings.

Thanks
    Mike

15. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Cool beans!!! :beerchug:

Anything for the Ram Srt-10???

:ilovesrtc::ilovesrtc::ilovesrtc::ilovesrtc::ilovesrtc::ilovesrtc::ilovesrtc: