Orange Blast help

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by 3vom, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Should I paint my wheels gloss black or flat black? Pics of each would be bad ass. One other thing as well. The car has AEM intake and a BOV conversion kit. What should I do next? I dont know to much about the skittle scene so please go easy with the acronyms. Asking for help from the best group of people on the Internet.....kevin

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Kevin Kevin Kevin...

So who is driving the Skittle, and who is driving the Charger? lol

How's the family? Bet the kids are getting big?

3. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

flat black or gloss black?? :hmm:

both work and will equally look good.
    but you being a marine id go with flat black.

one person to ask is Jason (loxs) he has his autocross rims black. he can get you pics of what he has so you can make a dissision.

ooooorah!!

4. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Hey Ron, things at the house is good kids are huge. 6yr,5yr, and 6mo old. I drive the skittle;).

Flat is the way I was thinking. The painting my wheels will do gloss for free though. Pics are hard to find in Orange Blast.

5. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Ask and you shall find...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a lot more pics...but they aren't loaded on my photobucket anymore.

Mine are painted Flat-black...just my opinion, but if you are going to be spending money, I'd go with powder coating over painting. 'Cause it just takes one dumb wheel tech, and you will regret the paint. Why I refuse to paint my current wheels.

EDIT: Oh yeah...:welcome: to the "C".

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  6. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Nice looking car. What kind of mods should I be looking to buy.

7. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

Not Orange Blast but Flame Red with my old stock rims I painted flat black w/red lip (pinstripe)...

[​IMG]

And if your looking to stay stock turbo then your best bet with mods is...

AEM Uego Wideband
    Diablosport Predator
    3" Downpipe with Cut-out OR 3" Turboback Exhaust (if you want to compliment this setup then get a 3" O2 housing as well preferably Maxxfab).

Just the exhaust alone or a Needswings 3" Downpipe with cut-out will gain some nice hp/tq numbers. When I had the Needswings 3" Downpipe and tested the car on the dyno with the cut-out open it netted 17 more hp.

Additional you can add a FM (Forward Motion) wastegate to the turbo and keep it on pcm control boost to hold more boost at redline.

Anymore questions... just ask :)

8. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Your car looks sick! The mods you listed is exactly what I had in mind. What do you think about using a map clamp with the diablosport? Thank you for the pics everybody......Kevin

9. Goats

Goats God of skittles

a map clamp with a diablo sport is just dumb dont do it just use the diablo sport and on other mods it really depends on what hp goals u have and what u want to do with the car like drag or track but as in gauges u should look into a wideband and a scan gauge and im not a fan of painted stockers and there only 6" wide witch fails

10. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Wow dude just getting some inputs. Easy with the comments. Just a few things to get the car a little quicker on of course a stock turbo. Turbo cars are new to me as you can tell. Thanks for the input on the map clamp:). ......Kevin

11. Goats

Goats God of skittles

with the diablo sport u can get some sick gains
    diablosport-dyno-stock-2005-70whp-gain-475113/

12. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Wow that would be exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for the link. Would you happen to know what to expect with o2 housing and 3" turbo back and wideband?..... Kevin

13. Goats

Goats God of skittles

that was with a 3" exhaust and a wideband is just like a insurance

14. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Ok I got you. It sounded like I need a Wga upgrade. If so what brand is worth the money?...... Kevin

15. Goats

Goats God of skittles

i think they were using the stock one but i would say if your staying on pcm boost i say FM but if not get a PTP the AGP wga are over priced but keep reading that thread

16. Cygnus

Thanks! Its actually an old pic and old look.

I wouldn't use a map clamp with the Diablosport. A map clamp is old technology for these cars, I got one new when I first got my car and it failed on me a week later. There's SAFC and DTEC which are piggyback and pretty much are "glorified" mapclamps. Your best bet it to just use the Diablosport alone for tuning since you have control of fuel and timing. The other devices just clamp map voltages to hide boost from the pcm they don't have control of fuel or timing.

Forward Motion (FM) wga is your best bet.

Don't bother with AGP, PTP, or the rest out there. Trust me I have ran every aftermarket wga's for stock turbo out there for these cars. By far the Forward Motion beats all of them. It holds boost clean and drivability is still there. The best out there out of the rest of them.

Also the best to use with Diablosport :).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  17. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

If you plan on a Predator and a WGA upgrade plan on spending some money on a custom tune. (unless you know how to tune) I am running Stage 1 with a stage 2 WGA. When I loaded the Predator, it sent my boost way off the gauge(23/24 range would be my guess). So I am back on my stock tune.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  18. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

thanks guys for the help. Wga upgrade would generate too much boost on the tune it comes with? What should I do to get better performance on the Predator without hours on the dyno?

This is getting confusing!!

19. Cygnus

The tunes it comes with were on pretty much close to stock SRT-4 so it was tuned on the stock wga and stock wga duty cycle. The tune was done if I recall on an SRT-4 that just had a 3" Downpipe or 3" exhaust. The thread is in the Diablosport Q&A section on here:
    http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

An aftermarket wga holds more boost then stock so even if you have the FM wga spiking at 15psi and the stock wga spiking at 15psi, essentially the FM wga will hold more boost then the stock since stock wga has a weaker spring causing a lean condition hence why a new file will need to be created to adjust the duty cycles of the aftermarket wga.

Brian from Diablosport can write a custom tune and send it to you to correct the wga duty cycle on an aftermarket wga as well as write a tune for any other mods. On a stock SRT-4 the tunes it comes with already is fine which is 93 tune and modified tune. If you have mods then a custom tune needs to be written either by a CMR tuner on a dyno locally or you can receive email tunes from a vendor that does them for the SRT-4. On Diablosports website they have a forum in which you can join and get help and help with getting written tunes.

The Diablosport is worth every penny but everyone at first expected to just flash the tunes it comes with and that it would work with their mods in which that isn't the case.

You will need a wideband first before flashing the Diablosport on the car to monitor AFR's. I recommend the AEM Uego. You can datalog knock and other parameters with the Diablosport.

20. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Hey Figs thank you for the time you are giving me. Do you suggest getting all the other mods and meters before ordering the Diablo? And do you know if they will program the tune before they send to me?.....Kevin:usflag: