One car in 10's at LX & Beyond Nationals

Discussion in 'Videos and Pictures' started by OMSRT8, Jun 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. OMSRT8

OMSRT8 Full Access Member

This Hemi Orange Charger ran a 10.98 on Sunday afternoon. I will get Sunday DAs tomorrow but I would expect that it is 2000+. High DA had most of the times slower than expected. Saturday's DA ranged from 2018 at 11:00 a.m. to 2780 at 5:00 p.m. Track elevation is 912 feet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of one of two new challengers that were there. The black supercharged Challenger only ran one time as far as I know and it was a match race against the orange Challenger. The orange Challenger ran 13.1 on that run and was faster than the black Challenger. This Challenger's fastest time for the weekend was 13.0 It was stock except for a tune.

[​IMG]

I have more pics and I am sure some of them are of our SRTC members. I will post some of them after I download them to PhotoBucket.

2. srt8_hmi

srt8_hmi My dream is over.

the black supercharged challenger ran @11.7 yesterday, horrible DA. @3000 most of Saturday. Dynosteve was the only person who drove the orange one that I know of, I know he tuned it and it had a torque converter installed. Seemed like it had less than 50 miles on it. He ran a 13.02 on dr's yesterday, sure its nowhere close to being broken in yet. Looks like it will receiving some serious mids soon.. The orange charger was a beast, started life as a cop car?! Now its running a supercharged 426. Went through the stock half shafts yesterday, their crew had bigger ones installed in about an hour and a half. Overall it was hotter than hell, but fun!

3. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

I was going to say, if that Challie ran slower than the basically stock one...something was wrong.

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I wanna know more about the Charger. lol

5. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

+1... that thing seems impressive... gotta love the new Chargers with some "Meats" on the back!

6. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

That's a stock TB sticking up there? Does mine look like that?

7. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Looks like one of the new larger ones.

8. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

No, the stock one has black rubber on the driver's side. That looks like the Arrington 90mm billet t-body.

9. MatFab

MatFab Full Access Member

It also says the CHALLENGER. The orange one with a 90MM BILLET is a CHARGER. come on guys read the important words before you try to flame

10. OMSRT8

It had Arrington Engine decals all over it so I believe that it probably is their 90mm billet TB.

11. Quick

Yea, I never pay much attention to my TB so I can't tell you what it looks like from memory, but I don't think it looks like that. :grin:

I only commented because Milan confused me with his post
    Haha, Black Challenger == super charged, Orange Challenger == basically stock... Went back and read everything again. Orange CHARGER == blown 426 (not so much stock). It was all just so confusing :stars:. Keep the pics and reports coming. I'm loving it.

12. Quick

We got it figured out now :friends: But "flame"? no one was flaming were they? ...and I did read the important words. Challenger, Charger, super charger, ORANGE, black, stock, and Hoosier (oops, last one was from the picture).

You've been on here long enough to know that your first assumption should be "These guys are SERIOUSLY confused" before assuming anything else. :bigwink:

13. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

What kind of blower was the Challenger running?

14. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Vortec I do believe.??

15. srt8_hmi

bottom line.. The pretty much stock orange challenger ran good for being such a fresh car-its going to the east coast to be mildly built(n.a.)

the black challenger ran somewhat strong for not being fully tuned, there is plenty left in it. Its going to the boys in Detroit- mopar.

The orange charger has some serious potential. That thing screamed down the track, looked evil on the track. They had a pretty serious crew working their asses off. I has heard that someones run was incorrect due to a equipment failure. I persnally saw 11.3's. Wicked sounds too! Both were speedfactory cars.

Btw, this is all from my memory. It was a long and hot ass weekend! Anyone else feel fee to chime in and correct me. Hardware and flybyu were both impressive too. Kind of nice to see the bug dogs in person. The grandstands were beyond dead today. U couldn't get enough!

16. YoungMedic23

The Vortech blown Challenger ran an 11.7 without an optimal tune....WOW

17. srt8_hmi

that sounds correct, there are pics on the lxf. I remember blue and silver when I glimpsed at it, kind of an odd looking set up. I give them props for running it hard. I think there is a race for the first challenger in the 11's. If I were a betting man I'd put my money on...

18. YoungMedic23

That's awesome on a safe 5psi of boost

19. OMSRT8

I can't say for sure what SC was in that car but they have used Vortec in other builds. You can see what they are doing at Speedfactorycars.com It looks like they have different modification packages for Challengers, Chargers, Magnums and 300's and then Landmark Dodge in Morrow, GA offers them for sale. Seems like a pretty good marketing model to me. (Maybe it comes with warranty too?) You can also look at landmarkdodge.com to see what they say about it.

The Speed Factory website tells a little about both the orange Charger and the black Challenger. They have already posted thier 10.98 @ 127 mpg on the site (didn't waste any time there). I do not believe that the site says exactly what SC they used on either of those two cars. It does say that the Orange Charger is a Prototype.

20. srt8_hmi

sorry, I posted that wrong. The back sc challenger ran @12.7, not 11.7. It seems like speedfactory has some good connections with mopar maybe, I was under the impression they wanted to check it out this week. It is such a beautiful car in person.