Okay... I'm stumped! GT Cruiser problem

Discussion in 'GT Cruisers' started by Bluebeast05, Oct 20, 2010.

1. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

Have you thought about changing WGA's? If your wastegate is stuck open, your boost leak tests will be good, but you will have no boost while driving.

2. kingnate

kingnate Full Access Member

+1 also check the lines and the solenoid to the wga.

A quick check would be to run a line directly from the turbo to the wga if boost levels increase then its a control problem not a wga problem.

Does anyone you know have a scan gauge you can borrow? You can check what the map is seeing plus what the duty cycle of the wga solenoid is doing.

3. Bluebeast05

Bluebeast05 New Member

Master, and King, thank you for your replys. To answer your questions, no I haven't checked (physically) the WGA, lines, or any of that. I do have an AGP WGA that I bought a loooong time ago, however I am missing the sleeve with the hoop at the end that attaches to the arm under the heat shield.
    However, also, I do have a Scan Gage from Aeroforce.
    http://www.aeroforcetech.com/action.html
    From what it tells me, the WGA opens and closes depending on my throttle position, and engine load. (It gives a duty cycle percentage) To me it looks as though it rises and falls appropriately.
    I can also check the MAP there, and everything appears to be good, however without "within range" numbers I'm kinda just shootin' from the hip.
    I'm thinking about taking a video with my next boost leak test, and also a video of my gauge and what it says, then posting those.
    My Supra friend said he was pretty stumped, and it was "just weird"
    So, the fun continues! lol

4. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

The only other thing I can suggest is re-route your vacuum lines and take the car off PCM boost control.

5. kingnate

kingnate Full Access Member

Well just do some data logging and look at things like boost levels, wga duty cycle, injector pulse duration and duty cycle, and knock retard.

Post up those and what ecu you have (i.e. stg 1 etc). That will at least be a good jumping off post.

6. Bluebeast05

Bluebeast05 New Member

Master and King, thank you for your replys. I'll do some of the data logging, and post that up soon.
    About the WGA being off PCM control, I thought about that, and it honestly was my first thought, but then I was wondering if, the PCM was regulating the WGA early, why? The only thing I could come up with was, to prevent a problem. Anyhoo, I'll post up the numbers soon.