November 2008 Vendor Spot Light goes to....

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Mains, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Billet Technology!
    The SRT/C Team has decided to kick off a monthly spot light to our vendors. Where we can give the vendors the opportunity mark milestones in the ever changing industry. Thank you BT for everything you have done for the Connection!

Written by BilletTechnology
    It is truly very humbling to be honored by my fellow car buffs here on this great forum.

The journey to the LX world actually started in 2004 for me. It March of that year, my husband, Ken said to me, hey Heidi check out this new wagon Dodge is coming out with its called the Magnum. Now, my ears really perked up, because Ken is the kind of guy who drives his cars for ever. I have been with him for over 13 years, and since the day I started seeing him he had been driving a 2000 Eclipse. He is all about one thing, having a reliable car that will carry his surf boards, kite boards, skate boards and the dog. The fact that the Eclipse had almost 200,000 miles on it and the fact that finally a car had his attention, I

In May of 2004, I contacted my local dealership about getting a Magnum for Ken as he was now in full drool mode for this car. My dad and I wanted to surprise him. My dad was also very ill at the time and he wanted to make sure Ken got the Magnum in case he did not pull thru. It was as important to him as to me, so we ended up getting one of the first R/T’s in Florida, and surprised him during Memorial Day Weekend. It was during that weekend that I too stepped away from the Ford world and become a Dodge/Chrysler addict from that day forward. I bought Crossfire the next day after we took delivery of Ken’s Maggie.

Jump forward to 2006. I was having some problems with my Crossfire, and went to the dealership to trade it in for an SRT6. Ken was with me and they had a Top Banana Charger in the showroom. I kept looking at it and looking at it, but I sure did love the Crossfire, and the idea of getting extra HP excited me with that SRT6 but that Charger kept drawing my eye and the fact that Ken was saying to me Heidi GET THAT. This way you can actually go to the store and put stuff in the car.

It was as much a personal move a business move, as some of you may know we have developed, designed, and machined a lot of Mustang billet items for some of the names in the industry. I had been a private lurker on several other boards after I bought the Charger and saw that there was a need for some quality items. I also was interested in mods also, as I had been a member over no the crossfire forums, getting info on my Crossfire. In late July of 2006 we started making some items for the car and we offered them to another company to sell them. On a handshake we gave our first 10 sets of ac knobs, radio knobs, seat buttons, door pin bezel kits and lumbar kits to this other company and asked them to see how the market place was. I even was posting as my previous name Newtie posting pictures of our products. This went on for a few months, and when I would ask is the product moving, I would be told, that no one is interested. It was frustrating, and I soon found myself in a very deep depression. Our business had suffered huge losses from Hurricane Wilma in late 2005, and much of our aerospace work dried up in the late Spring and Summer of 2006 because many of our customers were leery of putting business here during the hurricane season after being shut down at length for two years in a row and three hurricanes; we literally were struggling to survive at this point. I was so certain that the LX products would sell, but according to the company we offered them to, they said they had very little interest out there.

The time had come in November of 2006 to make a decision. I was away with my husband during Thanksgiving at probably one of the lowest points I had ever been in during my life. I told Ken that it looked like no one wanted to buy any of the stuff we were doing. He told me point blank Heidi that is BS. I don't believe it. Tell that other company to either commit to a plan or we will move forward ourselves. I will help you. Take it and run, I won't let you fall down. When I returned from the Thanksgiving Holiday I sent a letter to the other company telling them that we were going to take the products and set up our own website and move on our own, if we could not get some type of accountability as to what was up. Needless to say this did not go over well, so I was told in writing if you do this we can not do business with you any longer. That was all we needed and we launched the Billet Technology brand website. I then contacted Dave here at LX and Ekool over on the Charger and 300 forums and thus the adventure began in December of last year. Actually I would be remiss I did not thank Robin (Satfrat). He actually discovered us and posted our website link several days before we became supporting vendors here. Not only is Robin a good customer, but he has also become a friend as well.

Well as we soon found out there was a demand for the product and many people were actually waiting for products from the other company or getting false information from the other company. This made us both sad and angry all at the same time. How could you treat customers this way? It was then we vowed that no matter what it took we would be here for the customer and do our best to not only put out a quality item but also back it up with service.

The past 2 years has been a blast not only for me, but for the greatest group of people anyone could work with and that is my awesome coworkers. We have had the opportunity to travel from coast to coast. The greatest thing we have had from this has been the people we have come to call friends. It renewed my faith in people again, and gave us all enthusiasm and installed new life in our company. When I tell you all that the LX community saved my life, it is not a lie. You all literally saved me. At one of the lowest points in my life, a glimmer of hope stood bright and true, and it has been that light shining under the crack in the door that has burst open and filled the room with the light and hope of 1,000 suns. That light has carried over too all the wonderful people I work with everyday here also

This experience brought me closer to my coworkers. I know many of you think of BT and you think of Heidi, because I am the one answering your PMs, emails, and phone calls, but let me tell you with out Dan helping guide the ship, steady and true, Neal using his skills in design engineering, Nick bringing these awesome custom engraves to you, John, working his magic on the lathes, Buddy doing what he does on the mills, my dad still plugging away and bringing old school lost knowledge (spacer material) to the table and Priscilla, Rodolfo, and little Nick (summer vacations) helping to wear many hats, And now we have Scott "1FST4DR"I am not able to be here at all. The biggest thanks I can ever give other than to you all is to my husband, and my partner Ken. He was the one who believed in what we wanted to do. He gave us his life savings to get this thing off the ground, and without his kindness, his love and support, none of this would have ever happened. He is the one that told me, Heidi I won't let you fall, stand up, and I will be there to catch you.

How lucky can one person be to be surrounded by the love of a wonderful man, to come to work every day and be part of the greatest crew in the country, and to be able to log in each day and interact with the greatest group of car folks, the LX community anywhere in the world! Thank you does not really seem enough.

But here is a Thank you anyways..To honor our thanks to you please visit our new www.custombilletstore.com and enter code 752196

Please feel free to express your ideas and concerns
    Thanks from Team BT!!

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Thanks BT and team for everything you have done (and will continue to do) for our community.

3. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

I couldn't have said it any better!

:thanks: BT for being part of our community!

4. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

BT truly does fantastic work. i myself have a few pieces on my nearly stock ride.

5. srt-4chick

srt-4chick Silver Supporting Members

Thanks BT you guys ROCK!!!!!!!

6. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Thank you BT! For all you do!:thanks:

7. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

outstanding heidi!!! it is a pleasure and an honor to be able to call you a friend and to have the relationship i have with BT as a whole!!!! you guys are without a doubt the gold standard by which ALL companies, not just lx folks, should measure themselves by from a customer service standpoint!!! kudos to BT and everyone involved in your success!!!! i am one very happy and very proud customer!!!!

8. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Congrats!!!

9. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Awesome!!!! :thanks:

10. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

thanks bt for helping make our rides truly custom!

11. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

:worthy:

all great stuff....thanks for being a vendor!! :thumb:

12. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Congratulations to BT and the entire BT team.

13. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

Thank you all for all the kind words we really try our best to shine in this business. And thank you all for your support and business.

The BT Team..:friends:

14. JarZ

JarZ Certified Magnumaniac

Bt rules

The new website is kicking ass too!!

15. Bone

Bone Love maker, heart breaker

Thanks! Just ordered some products for my truck, would love to see more!

16. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Hell Bones, that's the way to do it.