New to me... SRT getting "challenged".

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Big Bruin, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Big Bruin

Big Bruin Sea Bass

Two things happened in the past week that made me laugh...

First, I'm at a stop light in traffic the other day, and some kind of convertible pulls up next to me - I can't tell what it is, but I'm not really looking. Then I hear the driver yelling at me, so I turn down the music to hear him asking "How much money do you have in your pocket?" Seriously? I immediately thought he was thinking he was going to rob me or shake me down and I just laugh and say "not much" while thinking good luck trying to get any of it from me. His response, in a really condescending voice was "Well, I guess you can't race me then - pfft!" I laughed out loud, just because it was such a weird situation. Here is this middle aged guy with a pink golf shirt, slicked back grey/black hair, and gold rimmed glasses - looking like he was late to tea at the country club, trying to call me out. I wouldn't have raced him no matter what, but once he turned down a side street I saw it was a SL550 AMG - which doesn't really seem fair to me.

Then today I am almost to work when I see something funky in my side mirror... It turned out to be a Pontiac G8, but all I noticed was that the all black car had some red accents painted on to it. Well, I think they were added after market, but maybe it was stock. Those cars have tiny little nostril looking hood scoops, and this car had the insides of the nostrils painted bright red. Really stood out, like maybe it had a sinus infection (sticking with the nostril theme). Anyway, the guy gets along side me and I have just finished giggling, and I hear him revving the engine... Look over, and it is obviously for me since he is staring right at me. The giggling started all over again.

:stars:

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

You should have asked the Merdedes guy if his wife knew he was out trying to drag race in her car......The G8 has a 6.0L 361HP engine capable of mid 13s in the quarter making it a drivers race with a stock SRT....The GXP version gets the 6.2L that has over 400HP...it is lighter than the SRT and capable of high 12s in the qtr.......Pontiac was just starting to get it's act together when GM trashed them...

3. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Jason, you are a better person than I am, I would have raced any of them and burnt my tires off...

Fredrik:D

4. bucky440

bucky440 Full Access Member

full moon must be coming..that sounds weird even for NJ drivers

5. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Full moon was last weekend. I get picked on by AMGs, GT3s, Aston Martins, and Z06s. Then there are the idiots in beat to crap early 80s mustangs that don't look like mustangs and the two fat guys in an SSR. :)