New PB [email protected]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cvp33, Apr 23, 2010.

1. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

I went to VMP tonight. Weather was great, especially after the sun went down. Hit the track at 5pm and started hot lapping at 6pm. I ran 5 times in 30 minutes, just working on my 60's, but never did better than a 1.8X. I tried big burnout, little burnout, no burnout, nothing worked. Even varied the pressures between 20psi and 24psi. Ended up with a best time of [email protected] with a 1.83 60'. I was pretty pleased with that, but there's another 2 tenths if I could launch properly. I even threw my street tires on for shits and giggles and ran [email protected] with a 1.88 60'. Amazing that the Nitto Drag Radials only got me 5 hundreths? Anyway, time to update the ol' signature with my new time!

For the record this is a bone stock motor with a ProCharger. No cam, no heads, nothing ported, no stall converter, not even a catback exhaust. Gotta say, I never thought these were capable of 11 seconds with just a ProCharger.

2. BOSChargerSRT

BOSChargerSRT Full Access Member

Bravo!!!!!! Congrats Chris! That is sweet and I thought for some reason you were running NOS too. Awesome that it's on a bone stock motor.

Got me thinking now.... Figured you would have to rebuild to do a supercharger. Gotta friend local who has been in contact with Andy @ PWR, thanks Ron and he's going to run a KB on a stock srt motor as well. I thought he was nuts, but Andy said it should be fine, with the right tune. We talked him into a 426, but that will be done in the near future.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  3. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

IMO stock bottom ends are pretty safe with reasonable boost and a great tune. I'm at 6.3psi at redline and would feel safe going up to 8psi, but not any higher. With every pulley change we seem to pick up another 1/2 to 3/4 pound of boost and about 20rwhp per pound of boost. Frankly though I like the peace of mind of knowing my car is not on the edge of what it can put out. If it were, then one bad tank of gas and I'd have a brick. Next month will be 1 year with the ProCharger, over 20,000 miles with it and over 83,000 miles on the car. Unbelievable!

I gotta say a big THANK YOU to DTP in Chesapeake. Without Frank, Brent and Sean I wouldn't have a daily driven car that runs 11's or even 12's. These guys know their stuff and have steered me in the right direction every step of the way.

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Nice runs, Chris.

How many passes do you have on the Nitto's? They are only good for about 10 passes at the track. Great street DR though.

5. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

I have 11 passes. Not sure if you're referring to the new Nitto NT05r's or the old Nitto 555 Extremes. I'm running the new Nittos. These have plenty of tread left.

6. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I can't speak for the NT05's, but the 555's are what I was referring to.

7. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

That's what I figured. I just went out and double checked and these have plenty of tread depth left. I'm now actively seeking a stall converter. Do these have to cost $900?

8. BOSChargerSRT

BOSChargerSRT Full Access Member

yeah, i've been trying to get the wifey to allow me to buy some kind of go fast mod... not easy, ugh.

9. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

There is no ask, there is only sneak. :shifty:

Q - Where's the car?
    A - Oil change.
    Q - 3 day oil change?
    A - Lube too.
    Q - Car sounds funny. Why?
    A - Bad lube job, something is squeaking. Better take 'er in for a smaller pulley, uh, er I mean follow up visit.

10. FlyByU

FlyByU Vroom vroom

Congrats on the new PB.

Time for some 17 inch DR's cuz your MPH shows mid 11's easy with a good launch. You may want to look at the M&H's, they really hook.

11. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

That's what I'm hearing. I'm going to put in a stall converter and give the Nitto's another try. If they no hookie, they're for sale.

12. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

congrats Chris!! nice times there man

13. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

:rofl::rofl:

OP: Congrats on the new PB!

14. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

You running a 315/35/20? What wheel are you running it on?

I run the 555R 305/35/20 on stock wheels...at 18 PSI, and pulled a 1.62 60' with decent track prep. No track prep, best I could muster was a 1.75.

15. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

275/40/17. A little short for my power and frankly probably a little skinny. Track prep was great, just trying to put too much power down. This setup is probably better suited for a stock or slightly modded SRT8.