....new Black Braided Hose....

Discussion in 'Under hood' started by TALON, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TALON

TALON SRTV8

Well I've changed from Russell, to XRP fittings. :thumb3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken

2. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Looks real nce Ken.
    Especially with the new fittings.

3. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

4. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

actually ken, can you shoot me a pm with the exact part #'s for the fittings and hose??? i just got back my manifold and tb from the powder coater and i am thinking of changing the hoses to black as well!!! would love to know the specifics on what you have!!!

5. Midnight451

Midnight451 New Member

Looks great! Do you know what size the hoses on the coolant tank take? I want to braid them like the rest of my car but I don't know the sizes. Thanks

6. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Judging by looking at pic #1 and #4....You put the old PCV return hose back in and you used the catch can between on the breather tube for the top of the engine?????
    So you went back to sending oil from the PCV exhaust back to the intake?
    Are you sure this is what you intended?

7. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I got to agree with Nathan here.

In pic #1 (assuming the left side of the can is "in" and right side is "out" looking from the camera) you have it routed
    PCV valve -> can "in" -> can "out" -> intake manifold.
    This would catch vapors passing through the PCV valve to the intake manifold.

In pic #4 it's routed
    CAI -> can "in" -> can "out" -> PCV intake. This would catch liquid oil from the CAI passing into the PCV system. I think that would only come from over oiling your air filter and would be headed for the crank case.

People do put a can (usually the second can and usually on engines with a blower) between the CAI and PCV intake but it's there to catch oil coming out of the PCV intake and headed for the intake manifold. When you go to boost I think the one-way PCV valve closes and you can build pressure in the crank case due to piston blow-by. This would vent through the PCV intake into the CAI. For this case you'd want it hooked up
    PCV intake -> can "in" -> can "out" -> CAI
    to prevent oil from getting sucked into the manifold through the CAI. Note: I expect most catch cans to still work to some extent even if the air/vapors were going through it in the reverse direction.