Need Supercharger Advice!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by diegochrysler, May 27, 2008.

1. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

In all seriousness, I and probably the rest of the S/Cing "EQ" will be picking your brain. I have tons of questions and have already learned a lot thanks to you, Ron, Adam, John, Kris and everyone else. I don't want to go crazy until I personal drive the car and feel the difference in how in moves. I am going to getting the coil overs and sway bars. Then I really need to research, ask and learn to find out what direction I'm going to go in. Thanks for your advice, personal experience and knowledge.

Enough with the meat massaging for Scott:love:

2. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Please... we hardly ever take offense... unless its that time of the month.

I'm on board with douchebag on this. While I have tons of questions, I have a sense that I need to wait until I have my finished car at home and get to know its new found character.

Scott, with 100+ rwhp gains, HOW different will this car feel? Make a REASONABLE analogy.

3. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Like the first time you tried to use the fire hose for a bidet!!!!!!!!!!

4. sdcarguy

sdcarguy A bit off

Jason remember the feel of your car stock vs the predator...that was maybe 15-20 hp...this will be another 75-100...yes I can see you smiling as you read this...

Ryan after we all get them back if you want to drive mine on the coilovers im sure we can work something out. I am planning on doing front and rear strut bars also...

5. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Tease, no wonder Jason's always riding you, lol!!

Seriously, I'm not an expert, there are others way more qualified than me to speak on the subject, but I HAVE had experience in this area so I wanted to contribute some. Couple things, plan ahead cause you'll prolly want to increase the boost down the road, I'm almost POSITIVE you will. Supercharging is addicting as hell bro, and it makes you want MORE! Also, be careful with running too lean, that can lead to a blown head gasket and more trouble than you want. HOWEVER Vortech themselves is doing this for you so you'll be good, just something to keep in mind down the road. Dang I envy you tho, lucky bastards!!! Why oh why God thinks the sun needs to shine on the EQs asses for a day I don't know, lol!!!!!!!

6. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Like a different car altogether, that's the best way I can put it. One thing bout centrifugal superchargers is they build more boost and power the higher they spin so you'll notice the motor not dying out at high revs like stock, it just wants to keep on going (and our motors spin pretty good and high to begin with!). Good thing is you have an auto tranny to shift for ya, you don't know how many times I've hit the rev limiter (msd with ignition kill) cause I didn't shift cause the motor just kept on pulling! You'll see is all I can say, you have to experience it yourself ... the rush of power that builds, the SOUND of the blower whine, the FEEL of ... speed, hahahaha! Hey, didn't you guys get a rid in Ron's car at the SF???

7. MotherMopar

John, its just hard for me to imagine... and yes... I sure as hell was smiling!!!

In many other aspects of life, I've been blessed... wife, kid, family, friends... car mods, not so much.

Man... I'm dying here.

BTW: Ron was just too busy to take me for a ride in 1bad... despite the fact he promised me this very thing, to quote: "you'll be the first person...". But alas, it wasn't to happen.

8. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

bitch the only type of blown your getting comes from uncle rico and his donkey down in tj

9. MotherMopar

You ever get blown by a donkey? I'd be nervous... although, I'd give it a try.

10. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

like a donkey donkey or like a super ugly chick w/a huge nose and a bad tooth to gum ratio?

11. MotherMopar

We can all assume you've had the later...