Need steps for bumper replacement

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by Sabee, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Sabee

Sabee New Member

My MSRT is ready for a new front bumper (fascia?) Looked thru the 'How to's" but didnt see anything. Thanks in advance!!!

2. Mighty Noid

Mighty Noid Need bigger cam and bette

3. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

My wife Tee took her Mag SXT to the VA for a doctors appt. and it has NO front splash pan. She eased in and over the cement stop.... when she backed out, the front facia caught and she pulled the whole front facia right off!... Guess it came off pretty easy ~ LOL~
    However, I had to learn how to put it back on. I really messed up... NOT have any tools with us, we put the facia in the back of her car and drove it home. I never thought about it... but the front plastic wheel wells rubbed against the front tires and melted them.... OH NO... how am I gonna remount the facia with out the holes in the wheel wells. Well, I had to make a metal bracket, form it to the contour of the facia, drill holes and mount it that way.
    I had to cut off the melted wheel wells and finally got 'er back together. Other than the missing part of the wheel wells..... it seems pretty sturdy!
    Quite a choir though! Luckily I figured it out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AlcornDynamics

AlcornDynamics Supporting Vendor

nice job! ya gotta do what you gotta do....

there is a srt fascia in houston on craigslist

5. AlcornDynamics

AlcornDynamics Supporting Vendor