need help

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by kylestitz, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kylestitz

kylestitz New Member

I am stupid with cars to go ahead and throw that out there... thats what mechanics are for. i am slowly learning but cars always give me a headache. anyway.. I am overboosting, spiking at 25 psi. the car sputters when it reaches that. it only does it for like the first 15-20 min the car is on, after that it is fine, i can mash on the gas and it boosts normal 13-15 psi. mbc on the car, k&n intake. the car was fine a few weeks ago and this just started happening... any ideas? i also have a oil leak. the oil is spitting on the pcm. a guy at the muffler shop that i had put my exhaust back on said it was the wastegate that was spitting that much oil. is he correct?

2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Sounds like you need to have some one who knows turbo cars look over your car. Don't listen to the guy at the muffler shop, as it sounds like he doesn't know what he is talking about. The wastegate has nothing to do with oil, all it does is control boost pressure, and there is no oil that runs to the wastegate.