Need Help Identifying Wires Going to PCM...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TNCHARGER, May 23, 2011.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

lmao... bad memories, that's for sure.

2. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

Us folks in the south don't know nuttin' bout no "inspecshuns"........ :D

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

No smog testing here...in my county anyway.....some counties in TN do have smog testing....the state leaves it up to the county to decide...

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Got this thing removed yesterday and had the PCM erased and flashed with the stock tune just to make sure nothing bad was put in..........on the way back home I start noticing a slight surge when cruising at a steady speed......I then notice the A/F gauge is going wild......it is bouncing from 11.8 to ---(out of range lean). Acts like HAL is saying "rich...no lean...no rich...no lean...."

Soon the CEL lights up. When I get home I check the codes and get P0153 and P0133.....both refer to slow response of the upstream O2 sensors.

Changed the sensors today and what a difference.....I had thought the car felt a little sluggesh compared to my former 06 but wasnt sure until I pulled out from the garage onto a busy 6 lane road.....about didnt make it because the rear tires could not seem to adhere to the pavement...LOL...same thing happened when I pulled out the first time 5 1/2 years ago onto the same 6 lane in my former 2006 SRT8....:D

Seems like this thing has been masking the upstream sensor problem??

This is a simulator?

[​IMG]

5. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

Do NOT remove that sticker. You will void your warranty on that piece of equipment if you do.

6. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

:) You a funny guy jon.

What the hell was that hooked to up stream O2's for anyway. Fail in every way.

Hopefully that's the last of gremlins.

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yea, those are the sims...

Larry, what's the part number for the upstream O2's and the cost? I likely need to change mine out?

Glad you got the problem resolved.

8. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

No. Maybe?

The upstreams are for AFR. The downstreams are only for monitoring the cats. They factor in all the operational parameters and then do a compare between the upstream and downstream sensor reading. If the cat is working properly the actual difference will match the calculated difference.

The sim will provide a reading for the downstream sensor that gives the expected difference. I'm assuming the sim uses the upstream reading for input (along with those other parameters) to calculate/generate the correct reading for the rear sensor that's going to satisify the check. It won't matter if the reading from the front sensor is good, bad, or off. The sim doesn't care and just generates the corresponding reading for the rear sensor.

So... maybe. Without the sim in place of the rear sensor I would guess the front and rear sensor would not wear out/get fouled the same and you would probably get cat codes. But, no, the sims are not going to mask any direct checks of the front sensors.

(hahaha, if you don't have a clue you can always dazzle 'em with bs)

9. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

LMAO!!...:tooth:

Not sure they were hooked into the upstreams Kyle but it was odd the upstreams failed after removing it....seems to be running strong now....except the tech did discover the right side fan had exploded..

Ron my O2s will not work in your car. They changed the connectors on builds after 07/28/06.....which I assume may have been the last build date for the 06 models.......I bought Mopar sensors from my dealer for $28 each as a reference for you..