Need Everyones help! Diablo tuning for the Caliber!??

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Aaron@Realtune, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

You refer to just loading a canned tune and then going from there....HPtuners does not come with canned tunes.
    For anyone that is not fully familiar with how to tune these cars, they would not even know where to start, and people would wind up in big trouble.

I see in the GM community all the time where guys go buy HPt because everyone on the forums tells them its the best.

Then they go plug it in to their car, and have no clue wtf to do....so they load up the laptop and take the car somewhere to have someone else tune it...now they are in for the price of the software + a full dyno tune for a couple hundred bucks, and if they want to log or clear codes, they have to drag a laptop to the car....doesn't sound like fun to me.

The Predator will have canned tunes for multiple applications plus a wide range of adjustability for the end user, but it is laid out so that it is a user friendly piece. You dont have to dig through 10 timing tables to figure out how to add or remove 2° of timing....

Here is a link to the thread on our forums in the Future product request section for you Caliber guys.
    http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10250

The Neon stuff is kicking ass.....we had a stageIII with toys here today, picked up nice power.
    Got a few more applications to cover, and it will be out in the streets.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Lewisb13

Lewisb13 Mechanical Engineer

Home: Detroit Current Location: Mobile, Alabama
    I know HP doesnt come with canned tunes, I own it. Im saying Ill make a bunch of tunes for people, just like you are going to do with the predator. I just thought it would be cool to have a Diablosport that had some functionality like HPT. Maybe you sell an idiot version that only has the functionality of the predator, but then you flip a switch on the side and go into full tuning mode for those who know what they're doing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  3. Mike@Diablosport

Gotcha, but thats not really a possibility.

Considering you own HPt, could you imagine somehow trying to manipulate all of those tables through a handheld tuner?
    Not really an option.....

4. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

BUT...

diablo could offer a more simple version of the CMR tuning that has to be done by a shop.. something like greddys support tool... just a few things that you mess with.. a 16x16 timing map, 16x16 airflow adjutment, 16x16 fuel table, and some other small things.. then be able to DL that right into the tuner and upload it to your car..

even something with 10x10 or 12x12 maps that can be edited or created would be really nice..

specially with already having the advanced CMR software, it could be 'dumbed' down into a 100$ option (as stated above) or so for people buying the predators to have more user end adjustability.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  5. raynes101

raynes101 New Member

so what exactly can we expect for the guy that has never done any kinda of tuning like this...i am really wanna order one when its out...but what exact is involved??? and is there gonna be a release date when we can purchase???

6. Lewisb13

Lewisb13 Mechanical Engineer

Home: Detroit Current Location: Mobile, Alabama

FINALLY, someone understands what Im saying! Nice work!

Make a laptop version of your handheld software, add some functionality of CMR, done. Cmon man you know exactly what Im trying to say here and because you dont have it sitting on the shelf its "not going to work".

/end BS

7. gsxr7racer

gsxr7racer New Member

I would love to get something like this, I can't be bothered screwing around with trying to custom map my car. I have other far more important things to do like hang with my family. So the canned maps that give me a good kick in the pants boost in power would be fine by me!!

8. Tedman

Tedman Teach me something.

I had DS tuner for my Magnum and loved it.
    Ease of use, performance value, and balls to wall support. Its a no-brainer.
    I would certainly buy another one for the Cali SRT4

Aaron, what's the word on piggybacking the DS tuner on the MOPAR S1 PCM when it becomes available. You know people are going to go that route if possible for the warranty game.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  9. Mike@Diablosport

The Neon SRT4 tool we are about to release has support for stage 1-3 PCMs, so it will save your stage whatever PCM file in its memory and you can restore it back at any time.

10. JSMITH

JSMITH New Member

Bump on getting this released. ?

11. joegofaster

joegofaster New Member

12. raynes101

raynes101 New Member

so what is the expected date for the caliber srt4 tuner??????

13. johnscooling

johnscooling New Member

Caliber any time soon?

14. pumaboyairn

pumaboyairn RealTune FTMFW!!!

If anyone hasn't been following the link that joegofaster listed, they just posted that there is no feasible reason for them to produce a handheld for us (from a profiting standpoint). DS doesn't care about the people they aren't currently doin business with unless they forsee $$$ to go along with it. It's a lost cause now...just get an FIC or wait for the stand-alone units from AEM. Sure they'll cost ALOT more, but you'll have total control over the car...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  15. Blown7

Blown7 SRTC Good Guy

Resurrecting a dead thread...

They may have more motivation now as the TA parts book for the 2011 Challenger shows a maybe GPECII PCM

Hey an afterthought.... B&G would then be .....again.... the only game in town.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011