My "track" runs downhill

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Quick, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I went to a newer version of Google Earth and it shows elevation. It seem that my "track" is pointed downhill by 9'. Google shows it as flat, no dips and rises on the way but a steady drop for a total of being 9' lower at the end than the start. Is this significant? Everything else being the same, what would you expect to see in the ET difference from level? anything?

2. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

downhill is downhill......... i would expect to see faster times for sure.....

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

LOL, that's about as good as "about this much oil"... or "I want my leg about this tall" :domotwak:

How MUCH faster for a 9' drop over a quarter mile? < 1 tenth? 1 tenth? 5 tenths? ...?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  4. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

1.5 tenths!

5. LegMaker

dave...... you are such a tool!!!!! go put down your calculator and put your pencil back into your friggin pocket protector!!!!! :getlost:

6. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I was thinking the same thing....Dave is "Data" from the newer Star Trek!!!

7. LegMaker

that is one thing we can call him...... i have few others in mind as well!!!! dahahahahaha

8. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

I have heard that New England or Atco are also 8 feet downhill from start to finish and they are also considered fast tracks. Sounds like one for mythbusters or a physicist.

9. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

maybe this is why Bristol is slow....it may be the opposite and run up hill...:dunno2:

10. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Hey Dave, what do you say about heading up to Infineon oneday for some runs? They still doing Wed Night Drags I think don't they? I haven't been in a long time (with my Mustang) and I'd like to run my Maggie and see what she'll do. Besides, it's only a matter of time before you get a ticket doing what you're doing, lol!

11. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

Come to sac this saturday at 4pm a bunch of people from GS motor sports will be there I will be there Ron/Norcal will be there. Or let me know when you want to go to infinion I love that track as well

12. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Thanks John, appreciate it, will let you know if I ever go out there. Used to not mind driving out to Sacto but not anymore, both 580 and 80 just suck big donkey d!cks with traffic!! I don't mind Sears Point as much even though there's still a ton of traffic, there's just something better bout the drive. So do they still do the drags on Wed nights at Sears ... er, Infineon? Do you know, do they do any weekends now or is that still all SCCA stuff??

13. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

yup, you def need to head up there late from the bay area. i have to work up in sacto on the weekends sometimes. took my 3 hours to get to davis last weekend when i left at 7pm fri night.

14. nosneon

nosneon New Member

Funny you mention that. I grew up there and always heard people say the track was uphill. 17 ft IIRC. Not sure how true it is though.