My rental Town&Country

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Quick, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

is like driving a fishing boat with a trolling motor in a lake full of 50w.... I'm pretty positive it was desgned without any shocks at all. The upside is that I think it has a 6 speed.

So you knew my fans died. Actually the low speed fan died a long time ago and the high speed fan died last week. Extended warranty and due for my 30K service and they could get me in yesterday earliest. Asked my service advisor last Friday if they had the fans in stock.
    "I can't order fans until we diagnose the problem. Could be relays, the computer, or something else."
    "No low speed died some time ago. High speed made a whole lot of racket before it quit yesterday. It's not the relays"
    I called the service department myself. They had the passenger side fan motor but not the driver's side. sigh...
    "Both fans need to be replaced. We only had one in stock. If they have the other one in LA we may get it in this morning."

...and I'm driving a Town&Country...

2. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Even if I had warranty, i'de still do it myself. I know when I do it, it's correct. Also, I just like working/improving my vehicles..
    Good luck Dave, hope you get her back soon and with no door dings, or grease foot prints.

3. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

That stinks. And I guess you're starting to figure out why minivan drivers seem nuts. Maybe its just the minivan. :fear:

4. ShortReactionTime

ShortReactionTime Face Hole Slappa!

Want to hear something....... not so funny? I just traded my 09 Challenger R/T for a 10 Town & Country. :erm:

But in all fairness, I had a 09 Challenger, 10 Jeep SRT, and an old 95 Lightning pick up. My wife and I just had a baby so she has been driving the Jeep. I couldn't bare the thought of baby formula and french fries all over the back of my Jeep. So, I asked her what she really wanted and the van was it. I put 1000 miles on the Challenger in 2 years so it had to go. Those vans do suck as far as ride and power but they are way convienant. Push button opens any door. Three DVD players. Stow and go seats. It's perfect for her. And I have the Jeep all to myself.

5. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

And the powered rear hatch, and it closes the doors too! I stood out there like Homer Simpson for a while yesterday opening and closing sliding doors and the rear hatch. :)

6. ShortReactionTime

^^^X2 me too :rofl::rofl:

and the driverside back door won't open if gas door is open, four heated seats, back up camera, nav, all the windows roll down and the rear vent windows even open, remote start, remote window roll down, it's got all the bells and whisles. BUT...... it's still a van

7. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Oh the humanity! The only person trading in cars in my family will be Marc trading his Lexus IS hatchback for a minivan! Besides, the HEMI puts Madeline to sleep pretty reliably. :)

8. ShortReactionTime

My wife said she misses the sound of the Jeep. She's a girly girl. She asked could I make the van sound like the Jeep. I told her I wish toGod I could put a hemi in it. Just Imagine a 6.1 or 6.4 SRT T & C. 20" mags with a SRT style hood. That would be sweet. It would go from 20+ seconds in the quarter to 14 sec.

9. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

i will "captain one-up" you haha, im driving a nissan versa while my car is getting some goodies installed. it was the second gayest car at hertz, it was either a white versa or a bright yellow chevy aveo.

[​IMG]