More questions

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by Maximus from the 915, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Maximus from the 915

Maximus from the 915 New Member

Anyone know what would cause your Fog lights fuse to blow everytime you turn on your fogs? I installed some HIDs in my fogs yesterday and the fuse blows every time I try to turn it on. Also, I installed some B-Xenon HIDs in my headlights, but only the low beam (maybe hi beam) is turning on. This is on a 2004 Dodge SRT-4. Thanks for your help.

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Fog light issue sounds like crossed wires??? Or an exposed power lead that is grounding out.

As for the headlights, the ballist may not put out enough amps to run the highbeams.

3. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

just as an FYI....my truck just did NOT want to take HID's....i tried different sets...different projector headlamp housings....everything

other Rams have no issues...my just DID NOT want it....nobody has an explanation for it haha...

so just keep that in the back of your mind

4. Maximus from the 915

Well, I've had HID's in my car before but I got hit so I got a new kit. My old kit was single beam. I decided to go with Bixenon this time though.

5. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

Are you sure its a Bi-xenon kit? My wife bought me an HID kit that was supposely a LOW and HI kit but it turned out to be a Low OR Hi kit. Meaning I could wire it on the plug to turn on the HIDS when I click on HI beams or the other way around to turn on when I click to LOW beams. I can't wire in both. I have mine set on Low beam to turn on... if I click on Hi beams it just turns off the HID's. (3) wires should be running into the harness plug that plugs into the factory harness in order to have Low and Hi.

As far as the foglights, what kit did you get? Are you sure the current the kit produces is within the factory specs or could be infact overloading the circuit hence blowing the fuse. More details on how you have the foglights wired...

6. psi chick

psi chick New Member

there are kits that are both low and high. my boyfriend had a set on his car. don't remember the name, but those were really damn nice HID's. 8500k's, perfect light output.

check your wiring on the fog's, it could be a lose ground or that the kit requires a larger fuse.

7. Maximus from the 915

Yeah, my headlights have the three wires going into the harness. Even have four ballasts for them. My fogs are doing well now. I replaced the fuse with a higher numbered one.

That's how mine is working now. If I flash my brights, my lights turn off. Thats how my old kit worked. My old kit only had two ballasts though. My new kit has four. Any ideas?

8. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

There should be 3 wires from the HID harness plug connecting to the headlight harness plug. One wire is for high beams and the other wire is for low beams. I believe the 3rd wire might be a ground. That plug and those 3 wires is what makes both High and Low work. Re-check everything and make sure everything is plugged in.

Make sure there's no damaged/bent tabs within the HID harness plug and make sure its making contact with the headlight harness plug. The wires/tabs tend to push out from the HID harness plug when you plug it into the headlight harness plug. So make sure they are pushed in.

9. blackgul

blackgul New Member

when I click on HI beams or the other way around to turn on when I click to LOW beams. I can't wire in both. I have mine set on Low beam to turn on... if I click on Hi beams it just turns off the HID's. (3) wires should be running into the harness plug that plugs into the factory harness in order to have Low and Hi....