Mopar CAI Extended Tube Version PN#77070029

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NYCSRTATE, Apr 8, 2011.

1. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Just picked this up from my dealer for $322 and I must say I am impressed with it and yes it is the AEM Brute Force intake just stamped Mopar,

On the AEM website they say 24 hp/tq gain with dyno sheet to back it up, I wish I could dyno before and after but that won't happen with this weather.

Ok well I got the kit installed, all in all took about a little over 1 hour as I took the wheel liner half off I should have taken it fully I broke the mid belly pan by the air duct so I had to reorder that from my dealer, thats what I get for trying to cut a corner and save some time!!

Anyway as you can see from the pics I extended the wiring harness, they gave you shrink wrap etc and wanted it soldered but that too permanent for me so I used male to female wiring connectors so if I ever need to replace a sensor or whatever im not dealing with short wires so I can just disconnect and reconnect easily. You only really have 5" of wire to play with on the IAT so you better get it right or you will be digging into the wiring to splice somewhere.

Made all my connection to look as OEM as possible so you really cant tell where I spliced after I closed it all up.

Was fun trying to get the filter and small CAI piece on the rubber 90 when that was installed but one way or another its got done.

A few pics of where the filter sits in the bumper right behind the wheel liner, you can take out the air deflector but I chose not to just in case I get caught in rain I dont want the filter getting saturated with water.

A few different angle shots of the finished product wiring compete tucked away and all. Oh and the color is as close to silver metallic as you can get so im pretty happy about that, it will match my 3gcustomz ABS and coolant covers!

Some pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

See it's never ending. You just keep on buying. LOL

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Well, I'll be... Mopar went with an in-the-fender design. Looks good Tony!

I'd be a little worried about the wire connectors. Maybe at least go with some quick disconnects that are weather rated? Lose the connection on the IAT sensor and I can't remember if it's limp mode or no-go.

4. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

NIce lookng unit.

Loks like the old GSM replica but IAT not in same location.
    I had the GSM unit. I never really worried about water as long..... as I stayed out of 16" inch deep puddles, and drove slow anyway thru deep puddles. It never rains much in SoCal anyway.

I REALLY liked how clean it made the engine compartment.

What I hated about it was the constant maintenance required on the filter.
    I nicknamed the friggin' thing a "road vacuum".
    Beter check/clean it every 2500 miles.

Rain is one thing...think about dirt/dust also.
    Dirt road that turns up a lot of dust....yuk

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  5. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Chad I dont know what your talking about LOL!

Dave they are weather rated quick disconnects and there wrapped in that platic troft :)

Tell me about it, I have to remove the belly pan now to get to it, but I went with the 392 chin spoiler so it now makes it a tad easier to get to and clean, eaither way it has to be removed to be cleaned.

6. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

A prefilter sock or panty hose works great.

7. elders05srt

elders05srt Full Access Member

I was going to get one of those until i read that i have to cut wires. No thanks. i am afraid to cut wires on a 3k miles car. even though it says Mopar on t. Nice intake though. i settled on the S&B Filters intake.

8. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

If Mopar went with the design it means it tested out. One of the SRT engineers told me that Mopar accessories are tested on cars at the SRT track experience. Any car you see with Mopar stickers has 1 or more Mopar parts on it. They also dyno test.

9. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

That looks GREAT and nice job on the install!