Lx of the month

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by 8yourM5, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

LMAO...

Think of it this way, there's the guys who have really amazing trophy-winning show cars, then there's ones who have really insane quarter mile and dyno numbers and then there's the guys who help everyone out and really know their stuff, and there's the guy you know personally who's an awesome dude or the girl with the big knockers and a great sense of humor, or the biggest queen/stud of the EQ. Lots of criteria to decide on, not to mention the fact we have like a dozen or so different types of vehicles represented here and it just gets real complicated real fast.

Yeah, having been ROTM or MOTM or LXOM or whatever, its nice to be well-thought of, but there's always somebody getting their underwear in a bunch and then so and so's not good enough and everyone's got different ideas about what qualifies and in the end, really no one's happy. Turns into politics which always seems to ruin a good group of friends.

Personally, I'm just happy when someone responds to my threads. :happy:

2. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

No to LX of the month (Remember there are other cars on this site than the LX platform)
    Maybe on Ride of the month it existed on the District, but never here
    Why do we need another contest? We ultimately are giving ride of the month with the photo thread.

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Bingo!

Awesome discription Tam.

4. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

After giving it much thought I think we stick to the Photo Contests and not do "Ride of the Month". As the Photo Contests give everyone a fair chance and the likely hood of "Ride of the Month" might render the opposite.

5. ChargerGirl

Its great for the photographers and the show car types. Personally I won't be competing in it because I'm not a great photog, I don't have a "show car" and well, when I do take semi-good photos, I like to share them everywhere. It is a great concept though and suits your purposes.

6. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

but I dont have a camara no could I take shots like you and the rest of the pro's on here. just an idea I use to love Lx of the month at the oc. any ways jsut a idea.

7. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

My photo's are taken by a Canon Powershot Point and Shoot Camera which is just a cheapo camera compare to an actual photographers camera. I'm not a photographer by all means, a lot of my pics are shaky, not focused, etc haha. So trust me I'm right next to you on the semi-good pics :)

The Photo Contests are not for "show" cars only. Each month their is different categories. We've had burnout pics, track pics (autox, 1/4 mile, road racing, etc.), Hearts of Feb (a Valentines theme), etc. These contests are judged by relevance to the category and who likes what photo the best out of all them. I understand some member are all show, some members are all go, some are both so we try to make categories that all will be able to benefit and participate in some that suit them.

Tam, don't worry about your photo's or photography skills. Your participation is always welcome and needed ;).

I hear that and see where your coming from. Well then that would mean its not "Ride of the Month" its more of "Member of the Month" type of thing? Since "Ride of the Month" would deal with members chosing an individual with pic(s) atleast that's how I always seen "Ride of the Month" on other forums. I'm all eyes (haha I would say ears but this is the web), so explain it some more so we all can get a good idea.

I wish I was a pro in taking pics by the way but thank you for the kind gesture :grin:.

8. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Not only that i dont think theres even enough "active" members to really have a ride of the month....and even if we did...we all KNOW whos gonna win it....so its really just a formality as to who wins it and when....and when people get the prizes lol....

so yeah....photocontest = good....ride of the month....should wait till theres more members....

9. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

im the biggest queen, markus is my princess.

10. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I've had a Canon HV20 high def camcorder for over a year. Need to take some burnout videos
    I have a sony A100 I got before Springfest last year that I've hardly used. I need to start using.
    I should be ashamed of myself

11. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

83% of our 2500+ members are active Steve. They are just not on here at the same time as the regulars.

12. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I probably explained that wrong....

Pretty much what i mean is....

all the "regulars" would bet he ones who get all the prizes....

im still probably not saying it right but hopefully you get the idea lol

although god only knows with me lol

13. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Funny you say that. Your siggy would have been a great competitor for the February Photo of the month.

Photo of the month is to push creativity! Not just expect every one to be in a car show, or raced, but to show how you feel about your car and push for creative expression.

14. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

mmmmm............. i will get back to you on this after i finish mine...:shifty:

ahhhhh.....no.....:shifty:

wait....... i must have not been that good then.....i only held that title on the district for one month....:erm:

well said....

there are????? :whistle:

i promise to vote for you sour grapes!!! :grin:

but what if you are not creative??? lol

15. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Gotcha... :friends:

16. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

but YOU are... so why ask?

17. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

i am?????

18. ChargerGirl

I think my nit to pick with the photography contest was that the photos had to be exclusive to the contest, unless that rule has changed in which case, my bad. Aside from being a female SRT owner, my big contribution is tacky videos and my photos and The C is not my only forum hang out. Am I fired yet? :tomato:

Meh, nevermind my fussiness. I just hear photog contest and I get both competitive and self-defeating because I think I suck.

19. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Look at your engine bay, oh and the rims were you not the first to get them widened and accented like that? It was liked so much Dodge jocked your style?

Hey if thats the case lets revisit the rules and adjust them a bit.

20. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Paleeeeeeeeeeease.

You and Marc take GREAT photo's. Get off your ASS and get some pics. Hell, you can even include Maddy as a bonus. Sheesh, do I have to think of everything? haha

Ok, I guess I will have to send you a copy of my old Army portraits to get you motivated. lol I know how much you like them. bwahahahahahaha

hahaha

And he is handicapped by color. So yea, Chris really is creative.

Exactly. We can always retune the rules. Our Members are what make this a great forum...