LX Nationals 2008 Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Videos and Pictures' started by Kevan, Jun 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. OMSRT8

OMSRT8 Full Access Member

Anthony:

I think that you are giving them way too much credit there. Even if they did run those kind of times, it would be cool to have them with us. If the event stays with a bracket racing format, consistency and reaction time are what is important, not ET.

I too, would like to see the "invitees" expanded in some way. Hell, make it so you have a big crowd there and don't limit it so much. Reach out to more non-internet forum folks. I bet that for every 1000 LXs purchased, probably only 1-2 are active on an internet forum. I'd love to see you guys get rich running this event. How about maybe opening it up into more of a late model Mopar event. National Trail does have the Mopar Nationals too but let's face it there is not a whole lot of late model Mopars represented there. Maybe the new Challenger will start to change that but maybe not.

Sam

2. magic man

magic man New Member

makes that top mount supercharge r thats on that charger do they make it for a 6.1

3. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

4. turbobuckeye

turbobuckeye Founder: LX Nationals

I really like the idea of opening this up to more modern Mopars . . . . anybody else?

I agree with you on the Mopar Nationals, it is a great event, I go to it every year and have tons of fun but there is not a large representation of late model Mopars.

5. OMSRT8

OMSRT8 Full Access Member

lol...I know that some can run that fast and faster but the typical Viper's aren't running in the 9's. He would sneak up and past me before I knew what as happening.

6. turbobuckeye

Grip Tuning bodykit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if the GRIP TUNING bodykit is gonna happen or not now. Even though they donated the kit, now GRIP TUNING is saying they want the kit back since it did not go on the car for the unveiling. We explained the car is in the process of being finished and the paint on the bodykit is bad. I will post more details as this story develops......

7. MAGFX

MAGFX Full Access Member

Hey Kevan,

There you are. Great pictures!

It was great meeting and chatting with you in OH. And a big thanks for helping a fellow Mopar dude out. I really appreciate it, bud.:thanks:

My little story and update:

I had a great 2000 mile drive to this event and arrived early Friday morning. That afternoon some gremlin got into my Magnum and made the electrics/electronics go absolutely crazy. The problem escalated throughout the evening until it would not start at all. Early (rainy and dark) on the first day of the event, I had to have it towed to the dealer.

They had it for 5 days. They were blaming it on my mods even before they looked at it. They could not find anything. It just started to work and then they, really, could not find anything. I got it back on Wednesday evening. It would barely run due to the fact that they flashed the PCM. I had tried to pull my custom tune out before I had it towed, to no avail. I don't blame them for flashing it, but I asked them and they said that they did not. Silly people.

I then made my way to PPP in KY and they straightened out my tune, with a smile. Continued on to my parents’ home in IL, had to fly to San Antonio for a quick job, and made my way home from there. I got back just last weekend. It ran great on the return trip and is still purring. I need to find that gremlin, though.

Kevan, you were a big help. Thanks again.

8. bee0912

bee0912 Rumble Bee 0912

Hey man it's nice to see you over here!

9. MAGFX

MAGFX Full Access Member

Ahhh Keith, I thought that I recognized that cool Dodge Ram in your sig. Yep, thank you also for all of the help. I was in a tough situation that evening. Cheers...Jonn

10. bee0912

bee0912 Rumble Bee 0912

Did they check your headlights?those things take a lot of power?

11. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

Hey John!
    Glad to hear you made it back safe.
    I almost called your cell to check in, but figured if you had bigger problems you would have hit me up.

I'm also glad to hear the Mag made it back and didn't end up on the used car lot here. :grin:

I'm not sure how deep you've dug into the electrical issues, but I'd start with those HID's.
    A new alternator (more amp'age?) might be in order too.

BTW- here's a tutorial on the light switch we'd talked about. It can be adapted to work with your rear hatch:
    http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2692
    If you have any questions, let me know.

Now go blow some stuff up. :laugh:

12. MAGFX

MAGFX Full Access Member

Thanks Kevan...not in the used car lot, yet...Jonn

13. turbobuckeye

FYI - Coming soon to a news stand or bookstore near you!!!

Thanks for posting. :rock:

14. turbobuckeye

15. turbobuckeye

2008 LX & Beyond Nationals in Mopar Action Magazine

Nathan,
    Thanks for posting!!!

~Anthony

16. turbobuckeye

YELLOW LIGHT....We are almost GREEN!!!!

Thursday, Nov 20, 2008

Hey Everyone,
    We wanted to give you all an update on the status of the DVD. I received the preview copy of the 2008 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS and absolutely could not believe the amount of coverage on there, it was like seeing an event I had never been to before. (Which is not too far from the truth since although I was there I did not get a chance to sit back and enjoy it. :)) I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and think you will be very pleased once you receive it and see it for yourself.

I have given the DVD team a list of edits/adds/tweaks for the production copy of the DVD and after we have seen what the production copy looks like, your copies will be rolling out very shortly after Thanksgiving.

We want to thank the DVD team for taping the weekend event and putting this DVD together. For those of you that don't know, there were 4 video cameras running at all times on Saturday and Sunday. Also, GoofyTimL helped us out by covering the makeover and arrivals on Friday. Multiply all of those cameras times 3 days/8hrs each and that's a heck of a lot of video to sort thru. Gonna apologize in advance now for anybody that is not on there, but there was a LOT of coverage to consolidate onto the DVD.

Everyone please be safe over the Thanksgiving week and weekend. We wish you and your families all the best.

Sincerely,

Anthony Carter
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS

p.s. If anybody has any additional questions I can be reached via e-mail at [email protected] and Larry can be reached at [email protected]

17. BENISASPUD

BENISASPUD Full Access Member

great pictures, and looks like you all had some fun.