Looking for Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StevoSRT, May 24, 2010.

1. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Looking for Suggestions on two things....

#1)

Since i emptied my coolant system to change the coolant tank/water neck thing. I want to replace the OEM stuff with something better if possible. If not...ill just get the OEM stuff.

#2)

I installed Ralphs painted coolant tank and it looks sweeeeeeeeet.

What else should I do under the hood to make it pretty.

Heres how it stands today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then my BT goodie i got at springfest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Polish the intake manifold and the Vortech aftercooler. Have the air charge pipes powdercoated.

Clean the front of the engine. haha

3. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

lol...i actually got simple green to get it nice and clean...just havent gotten that far yet...when I get some time I am gonna clean it properly.

I got everything in satin rather than polished cause I was thinking about having them painted and such.

I dont really like "polished" stuff.

If I was gonna do anything I would have the intake coated black.

I might end up getting a new pipe for the BOV and get a new one in black to match the rest of my BT stuff.

I want a fire wall cover from ralph along with an ABS cover.

I also want to know how you guys clean up the hoses and wires and crap under the hood.

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

then what hell did you ask for? lol

Glad you are back on the boards though...

5. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Cause I like input....lol...you dont have to agree with me...you could offer differing opinions (like the polished one) haha...you guys all have such pretty cars i just cant decide which way to go

and I also was really hoping for an answer to the first question :bigwink:

and....:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

6. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

looks good to me .. glad to see you on the forum again Steve, hope all is well

7. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Definitely painted strut tower caps and an ABS cover. I would take the sticker off the Vortech aftercooler (if you really want something, I would get the Vortech "V" done in red vinyl), and then something with the passenger coil pack cover. Maybe BT coil pack covers or paint it.

8. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Here's my feedback:
    #1) Paint/Powdercoat the intake manifold, and all Vortech cooler/piping to match. I say a nice gloss black.
    #2) Either get painted strut tower caps or get BT strut tower covers.
    #3) Get an ABS cover and have it match the paint/powdercoating done in #1 above.
    #4) Get rid of all stickers/labeling in engine bay (basically debadge your engine bay, lol).
    #5) Talk to the boys at BMC and get all braided hoses for catch can, coolant, etc.
    #6) Paint your throttle body to match as well.
    #7) Get your pass side half-cover in CF so your fusebox cover doesn't look so lonely.
    I love Adam's idea about the red "V" also. You've got some nice real estate on that cooler to do a neat "theme" or logo for your car. Along with some space, if you get an ABS cover as well. Hope this helps buddy! :D

9. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

steve, i know we talked about the firewall. my big problem with them is that no one makes one that fits right around the back of the vortech cooler. imo the prefab one just aren't up to my standards. i am looking into having a local make me a couple with adama and my car as the template.

that tank looks great btw. lol

and i see an abs cover and some strut tower caps in your near future. lol

10. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

if you are thinking about changing your b.o.v. let me know.

11. vinnysrt8

vinnysrt8 Full Access Member

Nice picture of ur beast.

12. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

:hmm: I was thinking about doing something with the cooler just couldnt think what...will have to consider this

See I was trying to think of a "theme" but just havent really found one I like lol.

Yeah I was looking at that when I was under there yesterday. I think the firewall cover would make the biggest impact too which sucks. ABS cover is gonna be next though lol. If you find a way to do the firewall with the vortech, you let me know lol

Will do...I need another pipe from vortech. I also need to properly measure it so that the BOV sits down far enough to where it wont hit my heat shield under the hood.

13. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

More black Steve. MOOoooooooore :)

Here is one showing a lot of black. Talking with Cam about a solution to relocate my windshield washer fluid reservior, but a black twin CAI is in the works. I also have a set of black fuel rails making a dent on my living room carpeting...was waiting on black fuel cross-over lines.

[​IMG]

14. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Is the black coating on the intake manifold something specific (like a coating) or is it just paint/powder-coat?

15. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

It was painted with whatever Mondello calls thermal-resistant coating or something like that...all I know is it is tough as nails. It was painted like that when I got it so I don't know what is involved, or if it is just something barely more than rattle-can...I doubt it though as it feels different.

16. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

as far as the red ends go on the catch can hoses (and your right, the red anodizing just does not go with the torred paint) they should be all black (hose and hose end). i can get them in any color needed including custom colors. they will be added to the website soon.

17. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

You mean like in torred? :)

18. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

hmmm....interesting...i dont know that I am gonna go out and get a whole new intake manifold so we will see what options I have for my current one around here.

Yeah when I got the hoses on there now it was pre BT stuff and i didnt think i was going to do much else.

So Black might be the option. What about the big radiator hose. I am not necessarily a fan of the "Killer Glass" stuff. Is there any other options?

19. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Stevo - is your intake ported?

Check this place out: http://www.olycoatings.com/thermo.html

They're local to us and I'm sure we could do a manifold swap or something if you can't find anything local to you.

20. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

we might have an extra intake or 2 laying around. lol