Legmaker gets a new PB at ATCO

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by LegMaker, Nov 24, 2010.

1. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

Just got a chance to sit behind a computer!! lol

My ATCO experience was one of high frustration, followed with great joy, only to end in dissappointment! lol

Want to first thank Dan, Stell, Wendy, and everyone else involved in making this event happen. You all did a friggin tremendous job at putting on a great event. My hat is off to all of you.

I started the day with a car that had just been picked up from After Hours Mopar Perf the Sunday before. I want to thank Scott and Jon for all their hard work, but that is another thread altogether! lol To say I needed some seat time would be an understatement. My new build consisteded of:

PWR forged 370

PWR heads/cam

PI 2400 convertor

SHR Trans

Smaller blower pulley

Nitrous Outlest 6.1 Plate System

Here is the quick version of my runs.....

1 - Decent burnout, blow off the tires twice, give up and slowly drive down the track. No sense beating a new build for a wasted run....... come to find out I sprayed coolant on my tires via the overflow hose from my custome made coolant tank. Not good........ shut the track down for close to an hour. I used the time to try and clean the underside of my car. Grabbed a empty water bottle for a quick fix to vent the overflow hose into.....

2 - Decent burnout, blow off tires again and go into limp mode....... go back to the pits and Jon from AfterHoursMoparPerf. helps me rework the rev limiter and shift points, as well as cut about half the spring off in my new BOV. The new BOV was not opening properly making the car a bear to go into boost "smoothly"........

3 - Great burnout, stage, bring it up on vertor, then did slow roll launch...... car hooked good and took off like a rocket!!! I was pumped to get a full run in. I told myself it felt like a 11.00 run..... well this is what I see (I am car 49)

10.77 @ 126.xx..........thats what i'm talking about!!!!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff124/sdc188/IMG_20101119_152509.jpg

Now I am pumped. This was a blower only run.

4 - First round of eliminations...... Blow the tires off but manage to run down my opponent for the win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8lCXKV17_o

5 - Second round of eliminations and I am paired against Scott...... the irony of the guy that put a ton of blood, sweat, and tears into my cars build is now the "enemy"! lol Great burnout, stage, leave hard, and........ BANG!!!! Sounded like a shotgun blast under my car! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNYwjx6-IQg

i am now offcially a member of the broken axle club! My day was done, but not before setting a new PB and sorting out some new build gremlins!

Last I want to thank Joe from LPM for rallying the troops to help push my car back to the trailer.......and we did it with the e-brake on for the beginning of the journey!! lol

2. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

PWR forged 370
    PWR heads/cam
    PI 2400 convertor
    SHR Trans
    Smaller blower pulley
    Nitrous Outlest 6.1 Plate System

Holy crap!!!
    Minor performance mods. Big leap....I bet your "butt dyno" is locked shut.
    Great choice on saving the bucks by not having to buy a stroker crank. I think a forged 6.1 is a great platform.
    I guess you forgot to mention the LMI intake.

Great times!
    What was your last PB?

All that extra power...and you forgot the part that puts it to the wheels.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  3. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Actually kind of ironic that Legmaker..... lost a leg...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  4. LegMaker

thanks nathan...... although i did not forget the axles. i broke a 1000hp axle. i upgraded axles a few years ago. as for the motor, i did not want a stroker knowing i was running lots of boost and nitrous at the track. for a daily driven car on boost, i felt most confident in a strong 6.1.

btw - i do not make any intakes to work with my set up!! lol

5. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Who all has broken 1000HP axles??

I assume they are under warranty?

6. LegMaker

there have been a few of the 1000 hp axles that have failed. i can think of three other people at atco along with me! a replacement set will be shipped out on monday. until then, my poor car is sitting on the trailer in front of my house. i already got a nasty-gram from my HOA about my car on a trailer on the street!! lol

7. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

I think at the time they were released there were no LX cars making the kind of power we do today. I think maybe a couple of mfg kind of pushed the rating little high.

8. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Tell them it doesn't run and you've declared it a sculpture, a piece of artwork, so the vehicular laws don't apply :)

9. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

You gotta admit that WAS an exciting day! YOU, at least had ONE very impressive run ~ HOLY COW~ Guess now's the time for heavy duty axles.
    (Loved the video!)
    Hope you get the kinks worked out! I haven't drag raced anything in several years and I'm sure I've forgotten what LITTLE I did know! Looks like FUN!

10. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I know of lots of DSS axles that have broken...

Chris, big props to you and AHP for building a BEAST!

11. LegMaker

thanks guys!!!

kyle - mine were not dss axles. i have an early set of builder bills axles. he will have a new set to me by this week and my car will finally come off the trailer it has been on for the past week!! lol

12. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

And I remember..

[​IMG]

13. LegMaker

lol............. i remember those days as well!! lol

i will take some more recent shots of the engine bay when i get a chance. things are a bit different now!! lol

14. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

I imagine it looks pretty much the same as it did when I saw it early april, right?
    The finnish was impeckible and I guess it still is, only a LOT faster...

Kyle, I really hope its not you on your avatar, if thats the case youre really beginning to scare me... LOL

Fredrik:)

15. LegMaker

yeah fredrik, the engine bay is pretty close to what you saw. only difference now are new black billet Fore fuel rails, a Nitrous Outlet plate system, and a HUGE friggin blow off valve!!! lol i will get some new pics when i get the new axles in and the car is running. it has been almost two months since i last drove the car daily!!! argh!!!

16. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

You could always take it to work and have a few people push you around the parking lot making vrooom vrooom noises?

17. LegMaker

nice idea dave, but the BOV is so loud now that i do not think anyone can make that high pitched noise........ also, buring rubber is a tad more difficult!