Legmaker dyno results w/ procharger air/air on paxton

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by LegMaker, Oct 3, 2009.

1. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

well, finally got down to see johan today to see what kind of a difference the change out of the inefficient gsm air/water set up to the procharger HO air/air set up would have with my paxton blower. without a doubt, a significant difference!

before w/ gsm air/water - 440rwhp
    after w/ procharger HO air/air - 520rwhp

both tuning sessions were done in very similar conditions, temps, 93 oct. gas, etc. only real difference outside the intercooler was having the 22" usw wheels this time vs. the 20" legmakers.

really goes to show the paxton unit is a good blower when utilized with good air/air components!!!

huge thanks to johan for his help and expertse in tuning, scott (1fst4dr) for install help and how to spend my money, and dave (fixer) for setting me up with the procharger air/air!!

one thing did rear its ugly head today........ car ran out of fuel after 4000 rpm!!! i will be addressing the fuel issue this week!!! :shifty:

note: - when i get back home i will post up the before and after dyno sheet.

dyno sheet added. this is a before and after the fmic install

[​IMG]

2. Brad Jones

Brad Jones New Member

WELL, WELL, WELL..........so you are running out of fuel too? Welcome to the club, C!

Nice job on the numbers!!!

3. LegMaker

yeah...... i am right there with you, ron and many others buddy!! lol

4. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

sweet!!

5. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

How is that BOV workin for ya? hehehehehehehehe

Being out of fuel is a good problem to have.... it means you have alot more room to go :) well done man! VERY well done!

6. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Very nice Chris.

Wonder why/how you are running out of fuel at 4K? I don't run out until 5500.

7. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

It's called air Ron... ya know he is getting more air now needing more fuel... I know it is complicated to understand let me get the crayons out for ya :)

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

um Chris, my loss of fuel at 5500 rpm's WAS at Sea Level. So yea, let me give you the shoe horn... lol

What psi did you see, Chris?

9. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Wow....70 ponies from a cooler exchange! That GSM setup must really suck big time...Lol! Was this on the same dyno? Did you have the meth kit on last time? Nice job brudda!

10. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Damn Chris, we have very evenly matched power cars......KUDOS DUDE. I know it feels amazing. Atta boy buddy!!!!!! :rockon:

11. LegMaker

actually mains, there is a funny story about the bov....... on the first pull that johan did, when he let off, the entire bov did just that..... blew completely off the mount!!!! lol we laughed and i kept thinking of you and ron!!! lol yes, a new one is coming very soon!!!! :whistle:

this is just damn funny!! i dont care who you are, this is just funny!!!

the lovely "6lbs" pulley was pulling just at 9lbs!!!! lol i guess the new fmic lets things "breathe" a little better!!! johan also kept commenting on how he finds the paxton to be an efficient unit.

drew - yes, the gsm air/water sucks. same dyno, same conditions (fuckin hot!!) same gas station for gas!!! no meth on either dyno sessions.

thanks chase!!! the only difference i see in our cars is:

mine is f/i
    mine is prettier
    mine ACTUALLY SEES THE TRACK!!!!

dahahahahahahahahahah who loves ya brother!!!

12. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Sounds great Chris...looks like the car is gonna be everything you wanted..:thumb:

13. LegMaker

exactly larry!!! thanks!! i was looking to make the car a 500+ rwhp daily driver that ran high 11's. i think i might just be there!!!

14. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

11s are my goal too...just 2 tenths away..:sweat:....both of us sure could have saved a ton of cash if we had set our sites lower....like just be faster than Ron...a CAI and exhaust would have been enough..LOL...:whistle:

15. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

No shit sherlock... I wasn't referring to where it was tuned... Stop thinking I am some kind of moron Ron.

16. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Way cool Chris. I just don't understand why supercharged cars run out of fuel. When we did 623/650 we had plenty of fuel. I do have custom fuel rails, a crossover line, and larger lines firewall forward. And that was at sea level.

17. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I'm with you and that one, big guy...

18. LegMaker

not sure hal........ i am hoping with a line swap from tank to rails it will help. if not, then looking at pumps, but truthfully, at my levels of power, i bet a line swap will likely solve my issues...... for now...:shifty:

figuratively AND literally huh ron???? lol

19. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I have been in the same boat refering to running out of fuel. My truck was tuned June of 2008 with no fuel problems. I went to Macon GA where the same tuner (Torres of Unleashed Tuning) was going to fine tune a tune for racing fuel. Truck started going lean about 4500 rpm and would not add more fuel.

I verfied the GA numbers by re-dynoing here at home..still showed a lean condition. I later added a MDS fuel pump voltage booster and larger injectors then did another tuning session via email with Torres but he could not get the A/F curve to do what he wanted. At this same time I was having issues with the MDS fuel pump voltage booster blowing fuses. I later read on a MDS tech site that the MDS is not compatible with returnless systems.

I have since added a Kenne Bell booster and no fuse problems. The MDS box would get so hot it would burn to touch. The Kenne Bell barely gets warm.

I recently did another dyno to compare the tunes Torres did with the MDS. The A/F curve was much smoother and even made 20 more HP with the same tune. I hope to get the thing a final tuning soon.

I mention the above Chris to say you might try the Kenne Bell Booster (and bigger injectors if not already). Would be a lot cheaper than a whole new fuel system..

20. LegMaker

larry - already have a 60lbs injectors, i really think by upgrading to a larger line to start, the msd bap will likely be able to keep up with things and the injectors will get the fuel they need. if the line does not completely solve things, then i will look at a pump or kb bap. still would need to do the line anyway, so why not start there and save some money hopefully!! lol