July 25-27 & 31 August 1: Old Bridge Township Raceway Park: Englishtown, NJ

Discussion in 'Track Experience' started by StevoSRT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

nope wasnt me haha....I didnt bring the car out yesterday because the rain we got at the end....was how it was raining when i left my house hahaha...

I came in the Mercedes ML500

2. nyc_srt8

nyc_srt8 I AM LEGEND

I was their on the 26th...on team Hammer. What team were you on?

Edit: Forget it, I know who you are. We were on the same team. Nice meeting you by the way.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  3. The Max

The Max Full Access Member

How quickly we forget. But yes great meeting you and hopefully in the near future again. I will talk to my neighbor with the 426. You know we have to do a Youtube.

Would have liked the forum people to be recognized at these events with maybe a quick greet and meet, maybe during the lunchtime.

i would imagine if more people were introduced to the forums it would be better for all.

It's always great to meet people,who you have conversed on forums,in real life.

Stevo good job coming in third in drags. For me that was the most embarrissing part.

At least I came in second in the autocross (Never hit any cones) for the entire group and did win some prizes- $109 gift certificate for Richard Petty experience and other gifts.

BTW- That is the first time I ever came in second at a road course! I imagine it was because our group was last and the cars were worn out(HEAT,TIRES and BRAKES and everybody beating the hell out of the car)

Peace( At least that's what my Son says)

Sam

4. Exit89

Exit89 Full Access Member

Well I had a great time at the SRT Track Experience on the 25th but I guess I didn't get to meet any of "yous" guys because it looks like you all went on the 27th.
    Just wanted to update my completion of the experience...viewing my own performance.
    I got the video the other day and I have to say I am a little disappointed. I stuck my USB drive into the system for the hot lap with the professional driver/the hot blonde female and it didn't come out on the DVD.
    Other than that it is pretty cool to see yourself out there although it looks alot slower than it really was.

5. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

from last years DVD i know i was like WTF why does that look so slow i was doing 96!!!!!!!!!! but its just the way the camera does it...plus the track we are on at ETOWN is very twisty so you never really get a TON of speed....

but it was fun none the less!!!...i didnt do it cause i wasnt gonna pay for another DVD but it woulda been fun tos ee mine this year cause i was slidin the car around a lil bit hahahahaha

Exit89 likes this.
  6. JerseyVics

JerseyVics www.SRTowners.com

this year's DVD had the telemetry all wrong.

on my DVD from Miami it shows we never broke 60mph... while there were times we were at about 100mph

its funny because anybody who doesn't know, like my dad jokes how slow it was... but even listening to the video you see the car going through all the gears and just have to know you're well over 60... lol

--Russ

Exit89 likes this.
  7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

well i didnt do a DVD cause i didnt feel like paying for a second...but they were complaining about the stuff being all screwed up the whole time so thats not too surprising....i think last year there were issues as well lol

Exit89 likes this.
  8. JerseyVics

JerseyVics www.SRTowners.com

SRT fixed the problem... I got another DVD last week with perfectly working telemetry.... now it shows me going past 60mph when the car is obviously flying in top gear, lol

thanks Jeff at SRT!

--Russ

Exit89 likes this.