Joe Sakic retires; ESPN & Bettman= rented goalies

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Kevan, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

After 20 years, "Super Joe" Sakic is retiring from the NHL:
    http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=436611

His stats are simply amazing, all the while remaining an excellent human being with more modesty than your local convent.

As a HUGE Sakic fan, I will miss him dearly.
    Joe was my absolute favorite player in the NHL, and I have (2) Sakic jerseys.
    I'm considering going to the opening night game in CO to see his jersey retired to the rafters.
    The past few seasons, I would purchase extra tickets for the CBJ vs. COL games for friends and family, letting them enjoy- in person- how awesome Joe was. I really don't have a reason to do that anymore.

I hope that he remains in hockey, in some way (mgmt., coaching, etc.).
    It will make the NHL a better league if he's in it. I promise.

So Joe, thanks for all those great years, the great games, and the most twisted wrister in the biz!

HUGE THUMBS DOWN TO:
    - Gary Bettman. The commish of the NHL couldn't take 10 minutes out of his busy (off-season) day to write a note to Joe thanking him for helping make the NHL great as an ambassador of the sport and excellent role model for youth players. Punkass.
    - ESPN for their complete lack of coverage of this historic event.
    Nothing on TV. Nothing on radio.
    Apparently some kid dunking over LeBron is more news-worthy, and somehow MMA makes the front page of their website. You fail.

2. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Yep, Sakic was/is a class act. Seeing him, Yzerman, LaFontaine, Gretzky, Lemieu, etc. play was a pleasure to say the least... my God... think of the incredible hockey talent we've had in the last 20 years!