Jected's (RDP/HP-F) 426 F/I buildup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jected, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Hey guys. Thought I had would share with you all what I have been up to with my build (in conjunction with RDP & HP/F) since April 24th this year.

As many of you may or may not know I was the first to successfully run a Harrop (roots type) TVS2300 Positive displacement blower on an SRT8 and had done so since early in the year.. Power was around 350rwkw on safe as houses tune and could not have been happy........that is until I decided I want to go faster and have more power.

So what was I to do.....what anyone would do, pull the motor out and build it up and strong. Anyway here we go.

MOTOR

My motor will be built by RDP Motorsport as follows (just a quick list)
    - forged steel 426 crank and built strong to suit 20psi of boost.
    - Compstar Forged steel rods
    - Custom JE Blower pistons @ 9.5-1
    - Heads will be built through RDP running bigger valves, extreme duty springs (to suit massive boost), ported including match porting the blower manifold etc etc etc.
    - PPP Custom grind cam to suit induction setup and engine specs. Is apparently the biggest they have done and all are eagerly awaiting how it performs.

We are chasing FAST numbers down the 1/4 and BIG numbers on the dyno. No messing around now, and I cannot wait.

(future development unless our transmissions can be sorted) -Trans development/trans brake and 3500 stall.

VEHICLE SETUP

HP/F will be busy fabricating and installing:

- my new stage 5 1000hp half shafts
    - Precision Industries 3200 convertor running beefed up internals and (extra) 3rd clutch pack to suit forced induction
    - Trans cooler to suit 3200 stall convertor
    - Reinstall nitrous setup (just a couple of lines needed including jets) - Hoping to run between 100-200hp shot Time will tell though.
    - Install Arrington Throttle body
    - Fabricate larger intake and CAI to suit throttle body upgrade. Run AFE II Filter and modify front skirt to accept larger piping
    - Redesign and fabrication of entire fuel system incorporating twin 900hp pumps, fuel lines, fuel surge tank, higher capaity fuel rails with front crossover, regulator. Existing tank may be removed in order to run new system. Still working on at present.
    - Wideband A/F gauge - A pillar mount
    - Boost gauge - A pillar mount
    - Manifold intercooler core. Raised and running 5 inch core with adaption to manifold.
    - Front mount heat exchanger/intercooler, Water to air (in conjunction with RDP blower setup) as well as Ice cooler/dry ice box mounted in the boot/trunk. Running single or twin pumps depending on cooling needs.
    - Modify Kooks headers to suit RHD vehicle
    - Fabricate 3 inch connection pipes (with crossover pipes) from headers to existing Zoomers exhaust (running twin 3 inch hi flow racing cats).
    - Coatings applied to headers, manifold and whatever else we can unbolt and coat (also needs to have some eye candy IMO :))

Custom Carbon Fibre bonnet designed and manufactured by local guy in Australia - Thanks John from UAS. This will help aid the cooloing of the engine and allow the taller blower and manifold setup now being run.

All of these parts are now in and all work is well under way. The engine had a couple of hiccups with clearances and fitup etc due to the size of parts etc (Steve can elaborate on this) however this now all seems to be sorted. The rest of the work is definitely under way at HP/F and I saw the car last Friday (in pieces) for the first time in 3 months. What a scarey sight (only kidding I love it) I definitely did not realise the amount of work that was going into this side of it. Very excited and can't wait.

Anyway I am hoping that this will be complete early to mid August and all things going to plan I hoppe to be on the dyno/at the track shortly thereafter.

Here are some pics of it to date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a few more pics of current work on the car itself to date coming through shortly. I will update as soon as I get them in.

2. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Wow. That's quite a laundry list of high power modifications Jected! I can't wait to see the results and I wish you the best on the build itself. Huge props man!

3. 6.1luvr

6.1luvr Baptized by Fire

Ditto!......can't wait to see the final results, good luck with the build!

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

WOW, thanks Jected.

I have my popcorn and beer waiting for the results.

This is gonna be on e hellofa monster for sure.

5. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

Daniel, you said they were JE blower pistons, but the pistons in the pictures are Diamond pistons

6. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

I asked the same question and thats what I was told by RDP. Thought it was strange they were in a diamond box as well but was assured they are custom JE's.

7. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Need some popcorn here too. Looking forward to it.

8. Inferal

Inferal Full Access Member

Did you ever get the rocker set up

9. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

I have asked to order it (full kit), offered to pay in full, up front and still nothing as yet. Apparently their manufacturer is too busy or not in stock or something like that. Not too sure actually. Waiting game now. Hopefully I can get the gear before I get the engine back as I really don't want to be pulling anything down once its finally going.

10. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Can't wait to see this puppy together Daniel!

11. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Hey guys update for the day. First of all engine is closer to being finished now. Final assembly will commence once gaskets and cometic head gaskets are in. Had a small issue with crank angle sensor touching the crank or piston (can't remember now) and should be sorted soon (if not already). Getting very excited now.

Fabrication on the car has also commenced meaning it is in pieces now. Scarey sight but quietly love it. Anyway here are the updated pics to date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Complete fuel system is being fabricated and has been started. Waiting on front end pics to show the progress here as well. Starting to come together now. :)

12. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

God I need to make some more money. I really want a blower and the goodies NOW!!!

13. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

wow, quite the list of goodies!!! can't wait to see the numbers on this beast!!!

btw, i noticed your steering column is backwards!!! lol

14. greatone61

greatone61 Full Access Member

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
    This thing is going to be badass!

15. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

There is nothing wrong with Diamond pistons, but I assure you, those are not JE but are in fact Diamond pistons. The diamond pistons have a dull appearance to them where the JE's look like mirrors. Here are some dished JE pistons for a 426. From the looks of the dish on yours, your compression must be in the 9.5 range.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you bought the pistons through arrington, they do not use JE anymore, they are using Diamond now. Its not a big deal, Diamond makes great pistons also, just thought you should know.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  16. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

omfg, how did i miss this thread????

this car is going to be an absolute BEAST!!! i bet youre just sitting and giggling at diff times during the day...i sure as hell would be.

17. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Thanks mate I will find out whats going on. They were through Callies I believe and RDP informed me that this is what they are, but always suspected they were Diamonds. Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.

Also I need a few things from you as well. Email coming through shortly.

18. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED - Just got off the phone with Steve and the MOTOR IS DONE........WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Looking to pick it up tomorrow from RDP BNE and will be sent directly to HP/F MEL.

Here we go......Very excited now...Cannot wait.....WOOOO HOOOOO!

19. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

That is GREAT news Daniel.

Damn, now I am even MORE excited. hehe :worthy:

20. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

LOL how do you think I feel.

Its almost 12:30am here and I was tired and ready to hit the sack prior to phone call with Steve. Now its like Christmas as a child all over again..... hehehe