Jected goes 820.8rwhp at Chryslers on the Murray

Discussion in 'Videos and Pictures' started by Jected, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Hey all. Long time no speak. Hope everyone is well.

The 19th annual Chryslers on the Murray was on last weekend and was a huge turnout with over 700 entrants attending the event over the 2 days.

I got the engine back in and sorted after having the L19 1/2" head studs fitted and general freshen up on the motor at the start of the year (pull down check and reassemble) ready to take up last Friday.

Anyway the dyno comp was what I was waiting for after missing out competing in it last year due to stretching the ARP head studs and pressurising the cylinders in preperation for it (with the higher boost setup started to lift the heads, so it was bought back down and left only to show and cruise both days). But no such bad luck this time round except that we had misplaced the smaller blower pulley I was wanting to run which we did not know about till the car was on the dyno (playing with the tune)the day I was leaving. With no time to have another made by YT I went with the same boost as before. With the last few things completed the car was ready to go....

The video.....

Dyno run day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IxyCRY5Qlk&feature=feedlik

Saturdays dyno result

[​IMG]

Sundays winning dyno result

[​IMG]

Thanks to Frank's (MY300) son for filming this for me.

So I took out the win in 2 categories, Highest hp for new hemi and highest overall

[​IMG]

Was a top weekend, myself and the kids had a great time, even getting it out on the cruise Saturday arvo to the Ettamogah Pub and Saturday night through the town. Can't wait for next year!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Huge congrats on the wins!
    Your A/F is on the lean side for a blower car of any kind, much less your 3.4L Whipple.

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Hey Daniel, glad to see you back on the boards.

Congrats on the win. Car is sounding healthy. Bet she is a blast to drive?

4. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Thanks mate. A/F is fine and works well with the setup I have. 0 knock, temps perfect and plugs look great and working as they should. Wait till the 2 new smaller pulley's are made (1 was misplaced over the last year). The street tune runs a much richer setup not by as much as you would think though) but for the all out take no prisoners tune/setup not a worry in the world running as it does. As I have said before and will say again....MOTEC is a wonderful thing. A lot of stuff in there that these engines like as well as built in protection for safety and warnings.

Hey stranger....It has been a while. Lot of things going on over the last year and time just seems to alude me. But I had been stopping in from time to time; keeping an eye on you all...

As for the drive.....Yeah is is great fun. But you would not believe how drivable it is. If I wanted I could easily drive it as a daily, hell the misses could drive it. A little more sensitive now with the new 160mm TB fitted but not by much and still no surging even at 18psi. Wait till the 3" pulley arrives (23-24psi here we come.....

5. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

6. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Man, sounds great...what cam is in it and what exhaust?

7. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Thanks again mate.

Cam I have no idea on exact specs. They rattled off numbers and lift etc but I don't have the specs on it right now. Will find out and let you know. It is a custom blower cam made specifically to suit the engine setup. HP-F and Higgins Race Engines did all that. Was hoping to use a double valve spring which were fitted however the tops were slightly too wide and would foul. I have asked if something could be made which should be no problem but have gone back to a PSI spring.

Exhaust....don't talk to me about exhausts...LOL! Have been through that many pipes, mufflers, cats NUMEROUS times its not funny. Currently run Kooks headers (modified to suit RHD) to twin 3.5" pipes. 2 mufflers in the centre and 2 x 12" x 3.5"x3.5" resonators up the back. The tips are also 3.5" dropy's tucked in just on the edge of the bar.

8. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

You have built a very very sinister machine...good show dude!