It is time for brake pads.....which direction?

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by NetNathan, May 25, 2009.

1. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

There should be section for wheels, tires and brakes.

While I wait to be able to afford carbon fiber rotors.....lol
    I am very near needing new pads for my existing Brembos.

EBC?
    Hawk?
    Zechousen?
    Satisfied?
    Posi-quiet?
    Brembo?
    on and on and on....

I want low dust but I know I will probably sacrifice some stopiing power...so maybe white dust? Oops... black powder coated wheels are in my future so white is no.

Who is running what and how do they feel about them?

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  2. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

What "tiem" is it again??? :)

3. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Doh...
    Bad spelling tiem...
    Fixed it...just in time.

Welll...I thought i had fixed it..

4. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Nate, I'm in the same boat and have done my research. EBC red stuff are good and have everything you want but have a horrific break-in period of 1000 miles. Zeckhausen - can't go wrong. I'm going with the Satisfied myself and you can find them at BMC for a good price. Low dust and near stock braking power. Imo, and from what I've read...avoid the posi-quiets and hawks if you want less dust, low noise, and enhanced stopping power.

5. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

LOL. Just givin ya shit dude.......
    I have the Zeckhausen posi-quiets on both my SRT8s. They're a bit "soft" on the first few stops, and even as they warm up they're still just "good." BUT. I don't hit the track hardly ever, and I'm anal-retentive when it comes to clean up, so I looooove the lack of brake dust. If I could find a pad with better stopping, but with the same level of dust as the Zecks, I'd be all over it. Hope this helps man. Good luck!!!!

Just read Milan's post above. I will look into that as well.......

6. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

I am a little leary of the Posi-Quiet's soft feel. I am sure your foot just adjusts flor a little more pressure.
    Do the Satisfied shoes dust very bad?

7. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Milan, I wouldn't do Satisfieds. I have them now and hate them. They don't stop nearly as well as the stock pads. They are less dusty and last forever, but don't stop very well. I'm trying to kill them as fast as possible to put something else on. Probably EBC Yellows. They stop the same as stock if not better, but are only a 25% reduction in dust and easier on the rotors than EBC Reds.

8. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Adam, you will like the yellows for stopping but they will still be dusty and a bit noisy unless they are hot...like track hot. Otherwise they are a good pad.

9. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I put Zeckhausen Posi-Quites on my former SRT8 Charger....first mod I did to the SRT10.....and when it comes time to replace the pads I will get them again...very satified..........

10. DadsSRT8

DadsSRT8 Crusin in Mag

based upon personal experience..

Hawk HPS.. final word over all the rest... little dusty but not as bad as stockers, quiet, along with improved stopping performance.. imo best track/combo pad available..

EBC's reds - hard on rotors, noisy when new which is not unexpected, and poor pedal feel when cold. good track pad

Posi quiets for a normal daily driver are OK but not designed for any performance driving, fade bad during any spirited driving.. don't even take on a raod course or bring an anchor.. very little dust...

stockers have good stopping performance will fade when driven hard (road course track hard) good for about 8 - 10 K miles (when tracked & driven on the street)..

no experience with the Bendix pads... or brake man products..

obviously Wildwood, R1, SSB, etc and these types of vendors provide products which I expect to be better than stock..

11. StnePny3

StnePny3 Full Access Member

Hawk & EBC are agressive on the rotors. If you want to try something different, that, in my opion (.02 cents) works, I've used these on several of my cars. . Try The Brake Man. I'm use there SuperBrakes onmy Charger SRT8. There pads are rotor friendly, you can get the compounds in Ceramic (#91) & Semi-Metallic (#93), these are a performance street/track pad. There (#3) are a track pad. . Alot of the Viper Series guys use these pads. For more info call Warren (The Brake Man) or Cory at 805-987-7867

www.TheBrakeMan.com

12. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

The Brake Man...huh.
    New one to me but I have ran into this name in my searching the forums.

I'll check out the site.

13. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Just out of curiosity, why don't more people who want at least the same stopping capability as the stock Brembo's go with the Bendix (same pad composition)? Am I missing something? They are $100 for a set of four.

14. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

How is dust with the Bendix Bud?....I think that is the issue here..

15. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I'm just talking in general. I know Adam and Drew were thinking about getting the Bendix awhile back and went with something else instead that has similar characteristics. The dust on the Bendix pads are the exact same as the Brembo's since they are the same pad composition...just a little different packaging.

16. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Whenever I see a brake pad thread my first thought is you Rick......I have forgotten but I think my truck has Bendix brakes....

17. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I thought a couple of people had terrible squealing problems with them?

18. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

I woudl like to reduce dust...probably proportional to life.
    I am on my 2nd set of pads in 20K miles. I am way more a DD car so this is "normal" wear. I sort of thought life should be just a little more. I can probably get the next set done under warranty and just keep the dust.

19. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Yeah, I read that from one (or two) posters over here as well. I just went back and read quite a few threads over at LX about them and didn't find anyone complaining about noise. I don't remember having noisy brakes with my Brembo's and my Bendix aren't noisy. Jason hasn't had any noise issues with his. We both bedded them in properly though. I wonder if not bedding them in, or not using the supplied grease could cause it?

10-15k miles is pretty common for a set of Brembo's. It's unlikely they will warranty them but it's worth a shot. Don't tell anyone but, I have a set of Posiquiets sitting in my garage (took them out after a couple thousand miles), and as much as I despised the lack of braking, they were great for almost no dust.

20. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

EBC Yellows... less dust than the originals and just a slight less stoppage, but not very noticable.