Installing Plasmas

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by BENISASPUD, Apr 23, 2013.

1. BENISASPUD

BENISASPUD Full Access Member

Well, I've been gone for a long while. Finally upgrading my ccfls from 5 years ago to the new Oracle Plasma halos. Just waiting on my high beam plasmas and fogs to show up later, but here's my little write up from my install. Sorry for the cell phone pics.

One thing I've always hated about working on our lights is step 1, removing front fascia to get to the headlights.
    [​IMG]

After you remove the fascia, then you remove the headlights and preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place headlight in oven to bake it apart.
    [​IMG]

I had my headlight in the oven for about 5 minutes, then took it out and found that it hadn't softened enough to pull apart, so I baked it for another 5 minutes. This time it was able to pull apart.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, I had holes I had drill previously to run my wires through and hid my inverters inside my headlights. Then take some 5 minute epoxy and put it on the backside of the halos. The adhesive that comes with the halos aren't strong enough. Use some painters tape to hold the halos down.
    [​IMG]

Put the lights all back together and bake it again to soften the seal to get a good seal around the headlights. If you have some gaps, get some clear silicone to reseal around the headlights. Then install the headlights back on and rewire everything back up. I only have these 2 halos and they are already bright enough to light up the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Nice...