I believe a Flat Tax is what we need.

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by NetNathan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

I think if they did about a 20% flat tax on EVERYBODY our problems would be solved. Business should have a flat tax also, but how much should be set at certain income ranges. The millions that would come in from the big money individuals and companies would save us very quickly, and make us strong. The little man would actually pay less tax in most cases, t wuld be perfect for the middle class.
    In countries that have a flat tax...like Singapore.... the country is thriving. Contant construction and very low unemployment.
    Would do you think?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

I like it...we even had a great candidate running on the fair tax platform in the primaries...much better than the current choices are IMO..but alas he didn't make it. I have long thought a flat tax would be a good idea and much easier as well.
    Some interesting info here
    www.fairtax.org

3. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Actually it is a fantastic idea.
    However, it would take a STRONG president to pull it off. He would have to buck big money influences..... which is what controls the US. I am positive that is what has squashed it from hardley being even mentioned.
    It is often proposed by independent primary candidtaes.
    Republicans and Democrats won't do it.... Where do you think they get 90% of their campaign MONEY.

More info and an explanation:
    http://www.heritage.org/Research/Taxes/bg1866.cfm

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  4. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Agreed, Huckabee was a huge fan of the flat/fair tax...and running as a Republican that certainly bucked he establishment

5. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Huckabee for the win!!

6. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

A big +1!!! In case you have not seen he has a new show on Fox News...Sat and Sun night at 8 pm EST.

7. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Cool...I'll have to check it out! His opinions made a lot of sense of to me.

8. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

Actually the man with the best business acumen will never get elected because he is Mormon. Huckabee's problem is he is also a religious nut job like Bush.....He does have some good ideas on some things but just scary as Hell to ever be elected President...Christians bug the Shit outta me for some reason...Can't quite put my finger up it :eek:oh: A flat tax rate is great in theory but will never ever happen because it makes sense.

9. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Makes too much sense to ever get passed. Plus it would put the IRS out of business...so I wouldn't hold my breath on ever seeing it.