Hotchkis sway review

Discussion in 'Autocross/Road Racing' started by NetNathan, Aug 21, 2008.

1. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

A lot of you already have Hotchkis sways and you know what mean.
    The rest of you....I feel sorry.

I just got my Hotchkis sways from BMC Performance in a great group buy.

I am astounded.
    I could tell the difference in the first 50 feet of driving. A lot better feel and firmness to the road and incredible kill to the body roll in turns.
    I was waitnig to do this with shocks, but shocks are kind of expensive right now. Plus I would not have been able to properly judge what I got out of the sways and what I got out of the shocks.

If you don't have Hoctchkis sways...... Order them NOW.
    Really

Have you done it yet?

2. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Nat,

Glad to hear they are working out for you. I will hopefully get them after I get out of some bills I buried myself in.

3. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I think the sways and Predator are the two best bangs for your buck mods. Congrats buddy....glad you're liking them!

4. srt8_hmi

srt8_hmi My dream is over.

I have done it! Went ahead and did the kwv2's at the same time to save money on the labor. I get my car back tomorrow so hopefully
    I'll be as pleased as you!!

5. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I guarantee you will. Have them dial in the KW's at eight (8) "clicks", which is exactly in the middle. Trust me. Before I cut the windows for the rears that's what they set them at. Since cutting the windows I've tinkered a lot. For daily driving I always go back to right in the middle. You will love the KW/Hotchkis combo!

6. Speedlogix

Speedlogix BMC is now Speedlogix

Awesome!! Glad you are loving them! :)

7. srt8_hmi

I somehow got the 300/magnum kw's, not knowing there was a difference I had them installed. I told my installer to set them as firm as they'd go. Any advice? Is there really a difference?

8. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I would have thought if there was a difference it would be fit. The 300s have a slightly softer suspension but the Magnum's are the same as the Chargers in ride stiffness. So if they were adjusting for the 300s softer ride it wouldn't have been the same part as the Magnum. I have a feeling with them dialed all the way stiff you're going to need a kidney belt...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  9. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Congrats!!! Glad you like em!

10. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

You not gonna notice a thing. All will be right in LX land when you get her back.

Congrats Nathan, just wait till you get a chance to hit the corners for a fast run. It's the best addition you can do for these things.

11. srt8_hmi

I bought a mouthpiece, being that I'm riding on 26's(355/15/26 tires)anyways it's a little bumpy! If they don't fit correctly om sure the vendor I bought them from would
    Make it right, being that they are the best vendor on the connection. To change the damping all I have to do is pop off the wheels and remove the springs right? Is it a pain in the ass or somewhat easy? Btw I'm still running 20 vreds, not 26's!

12. Quick

You don't even need to be going fast. Try an instant 90* turn going 20 or 30 mph. Not only is there almost no nose over but the turn in is crisper, instant and the car just steers like it's a whole lot lighter. You know, the stock shocks are not bad. Where you'll really appreciate the sways is in a long sweeper after the car has setup from the intial turn. Find a freeway clover leaf and spend a bit of time on that:yahoo:

13. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

There's definitely a difference WRT to the rebound adjustment. Hopefully the installer didn't set them all the way stiff. I typically ride around with them at 6 away from the stiffest setting without too much of a rough ride. When I'm on a known road that is fairly smooth road (the East Lake Proving Grounds) I set it at 3 from stiffest. If they did go all the way I don't think you will like the ride at all....even with the ability to adjust the fronts. I did the "Meister Mod" and cut windows in the trunk to to adjust the rears. If you don't mind taking an exacto knife and cutting some 3 sided window so you can adjust the KW's its an easy fix. But..if you plan on showing your trunk (which would make you a homo like Drew) than you are out of luck!

14. Quick

I thought Momo had all his stickers and a lighted makeup mirror in his trunk...

15. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

You are right there. Like I said.... I noticed the fromt end "firm" feeling within the first 50 feet, and I hadn't even turned yet. There is a nice cloverleaf here with a long sweeper on the 91 to the 15 south. I already know how fast I can do it when I was testing my Vredestiens, so I can't wait to see where I am at now.
    Then on to the Ortega Hwy.

All this after a trip to get it aligned. You will screw up the alignment due to lowering the rear differential. The rear sway is a ROYAL pain in the a** to do.

16. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

After a run at Willow Springs I knew I needed 'em. Makes the Charger feel a lot less like a land-yacht!

And my times at Willow were much better!! :dance4:

17. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Good to hear.

i wish i could pick up a set but not enough funds to support that.
    im still trying to save for coilovers. the Mopar ones will have to do for now.

18. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

x2!

19. budoboy

budoboy Full Access Member

I want the Hotchkis swaybars but heard a bunch of people complaining on another forum about the bushings and noise as they wear. Anyone here had them for a while?

20. Quick

I guess about 5K is not very long, but no noise here. You are supposed to lubricate the bushings at some interval. I figured I wait until they started to squeak...