Hemi 911 On The Road With Techco Twin Screw

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by HEMI911, Dec 28, 2008.

1. HEMI911

HEMI911 Platinum Supporting Member

I picked up my ride from Techco on Christmas Eve, and wanted to share some of my comments. I first would like to thank all the Techco team members for helping me out with my hood liner, and half-shaft problem. The Techco team demonstrated how professional they are by going out of their way to help.
    I have had my car back now for five days, and have driven it approximately 600 miles which 450 were driving from Southern California back to Vacaville. The car has driven flawless during this time, and the difference before and after is unbelievable.
    The car acceleration response is just out of this world, my before mod ride was at 396 RWHP, and now is at 496.78 RWHP, and 468.59 Max Torque, with 5lbs of boost. I know my next mod will be a new set of tires, the tires on there now will not stick at all with the new found Horse Power. It just takes a little throttle and they are breaking loose, and I love it.
    On the way home out on Interstate 5 somewhere between Kettleman and Harris Ranch, I started really getting on it. I started at 70MPH and went to WOT, and wow, I was at 140MPH in the blink of an eye, it was incredible the torque, and how fast the car got to 140, it felt like being in an airplane on take off roll. The car just kept digging and accelerating and felt like it was getting liter, and wanted to lift off, what a rush!
    I have noticed the car runs a little hotter driving in town. I have a 180 degree thermostat, and the car did run around 195 in town before the mod, and now runs at about 217. This is with the outside temperature at 55 degrees. I have the GSM fan by-pass switch, and when I turn the fans on it cools down to the 195 range. The car out on the interstate with the temp in the low 40’s ran a consistent 181 degrees.
    I think the hotter condition is due to the heat exchanger, and blocking a lot of the air flow for the radiator. John at Techco also provided me with another tune for a lower temperature for the fans to come on. I have not installed it yet, because I have the by-pass switch, but may change to that tune during the summer.

The bottom line is I love it!! Thanks Carlos & John and the team at Techco!!

I’ll keep posting updates, as I learn more here are some pictures and the dyno results.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/Hemi911/Techco/?albumview=slideshow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Congrats buddy and welcome to the world of boost.

Glad this has met your expectations.

3. HEMI911

Thanks Ron

4. Razorecko

Razorecko New Member

Looks like you sealed up your engine bay pretty darn good. A nice cowl/scoop going over the techno blower would reallllly cool down your engine bay guaranteed.

5. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

congrats!!!! the temps seem a tad high for the outside temps only being 55. having grew up in the central valley (sac state grad) i know it gets real hot in the summer!! what is the deal with the foil looking hood cover????

6. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

It is a thermal hood liner. Helps protect the outer paint from fire damage.

As for the temps, it sounds like a matter of adjusting the fan settings.

I have a how-to in the Diablo section on setting the fans.

7. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

It's a space blanket!

BTW- Videos or :ban:
    :)

8. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

dang sharp lookin engine bay....that blower looks OEM....

9. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

how long did it take to install that s/c? looks very good and clean.

10. HEMI911

There was a problem with the stock OEM hood liner and air duck interfering with the strut brace. I had to remove both of them, to get the hood to close, and decided to go with the liner. Your have a good memory the temps in the summer get pretty hot in the SAC area.

Yes, I agree, but turning on the fan switch seems to cool down the engine to the noramal temps, with the 180 degree thermostat.

11. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

im with larry, the install looks so good just like it was meant to be there.

12. HEMI911

Your are correct Ron, and like I said that John at Techco has loaded another tune for me that has the fan settins at a lower temp. I will switch to that setting when it starts to get warmer around here.

13. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yea I saw your comment before. You really do not need another tune with the lower setting. You can make the change yourself. Takes about 5 minutes.

14. HEMI911

My car was at Techco for two weeks, droped it off on Dec 9th and picked it up on Dec 24th. I'm sure the man hours spent were not that much for the install. My car was the second that was completed behind Silvasurfer, so no doubt the time is down now considerably

Hi Ron, yea I meant to say it is the same tune but has the fan settings at the lower temps.

15. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Very nice...:thumb:

16. Techco-CD

Techco-CD Supporting Vendor

3125 E Coronado Street, Anaheim, Ca. 92806

Thanks for the write up and i am glad you are enjoying your ride!!! Get som new tires!!

17. HEMI911

It was my pleasure getting screwed by Techco!!!!!! My next buy will be tires., If you could be so kind Carlos to provide me with the Pirelli tire information that Techco was running on the RD charger, it will be greatly appreciated.

18. Techco-CD

Techco-CD Supporting Vendor

3125 E Coronado Street, Anaheim, Ca. 92806
    what tires?

:whistle:

19. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

Video would be awesome!

20. Techco-JS

Techco-JS Supporting Vendor

Pirelli PZero Tires (New Design based on Corsa Tread Pattern)
    F: 255/40ZR20
    R: 285/35ZR20