help

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by 2muchpsi, May 4, 2009.

1. 2muchpsi

2muchpsi Gold Supporting Members

i know ive been gone off the site a while but ive had issues with my blue skittle, i have mopar cold air intake, ultimate racing hard ic pipes all 3, walboro 255lph pump, stage 2 wga, jet performance chip, mopar cat-delete downpipe and borla cat-back exhaust it just got out of the shop with a rebuild of 3rd gear, new lower control arms and bushings and new axleshafts. thanks to a warranty. when i was running the wastegate last year it was running fine but eventually always adjusted itself back to less boost so i re-adjusted my wastegate to see if i could run more boost has about 3 threads showing and i am getting an overboost code of 234 and (420 catalytic effeciency code which is fine). just wondering why i am getting an overboost code when i am only hitting 13psi. i havent done a boost leak check should i do this first. i am still on a stock pcm also just lookin for some insight from the guys here on the c. any input would help thanks -zack

2. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Zack sorry bud I know nothing about the SRT4 just wanted to let you know I read this and hope someone helps you out soon

3. 2muchpsi

lol thanks

4. Dysphagia

Dysphagia Full Access Member

first of all take the jet chip off, its just messing up your fuel map. i would be willing to bet that it could be part of your overboost problem by altering the map sensor voltage outside of the normal range. are you still running the stock boost gauge?

5. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Was going to be my recommendation as well. lol

6. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Yeah, because I would take boost tuning/management advice from you...:drunk:

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

lol

8. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

It's my understanding the stock CPU is really bad about pulling the boost back down on you. When I added my stage 2 WGA, I was advised to set up the wastegate with the 4mm pre-load, then if the CPU pulled the boost back, just reset the PCM to get the boost back. However, I could see that getting very annoying having to do that a lot. You can try a staged CPU, I haven't had any problems with my Stage1 pulling boost, or try a tuning device like Predator.

9. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

Or try taking boost off PCM control......

*A wideband O2 is HIGHLY recommended before trying to mess with boost in any way*

10. 2muchpsi

i am still running the stock boost guage i have the after market autometer srt guage that goes to 30psi and has two buttons but i got it from a friend and have no idea how to hook it up since it isnt vacuum controled. what do these things run for stock boost? i cant remember lol

11. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Yeah get a wideband.
    Can't run the Stage 2 WGA if you take it off PCM control.

Just get rid of the stage 2 WGA, that JET crap and put the stock WGA back on. And of course do boost leak check. Specially with a lower hard pressure pipe. I know of two locals that had the lower pressure pipe get a hole eatin out of it from the lower motor mount rubbing against it.

12. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

Well...I had S2 for four years......It NEVER ran on PCM boost until the last month before I traded it. I always used the S2 WGA....

Of course, I used the ghetto mod (bleeder) and adjusted to run 22 psi.....

13. kingnate

kingnate Full Access Member

I wouldn't trust a stock gauge to give you an accurate reading on boost levels. First thing I would do before screwing with the boost is replace the boost gauge and possibly get a scan gauge and wideband.

If you want I have an AGP WGA that was only used for about 6 months $100 shipped if you want it.

14. 2muchpsi

i took out the jet chip and reset the pcm and she is running great, spiking 17-18 holding 15 to redline.

15. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Thats awesome!

Oh and master_1011 I did not know you could run on the WGA spring of the Stage 2 WGA.. Kind of like trying to run off of the stock WGA spring and only boost 4 psi.

But I see you had the bleed and probably had it preloaded quite well.

16. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

Actually, before I had the bleed, it would run near stock boost levels. Spike 18 or so....hold roughly 13-14 till the top. When I added the bleed, it instantly started spiking over 20. (I was still on stock boost gauge at the time) I eventually had it set to spike 22-23 and hold 18-19 till redline.

*edit* The stock turbo would only spike to 18 or so....when I got to 23 psi (25+ on race gas) I had an SST installed.

17. 2muchpsi

i still need help lol i just got the check engine code of 1188 what the hell is it lol

18. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

P1188 EOT Sensor Ckt. High Voltage

I ran a stage 2 WGA for 2 years off PCM and was spiking 15 climbing to 18 and falling back to 15 at 52k no bleeder mod. worked great for autocross.

Tenor1joe's car is doing the same thing except he's on PCM control.

19. 2muchpsi

sooooo what does this mean exactly??? lol

20. BigMac

BigMac cashew addict

P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE

When Monitored: During the engine turbocharger boost and non-boost modes.

Set Condition: Non-boost Mode: PCM detects a significant difference between TIP Sensor signal and BARO Pressure signal. Boost Mode: The TIP Sensor is unable to read correct boost level.

POSSIBLE CAUSES:
    CHECKING FOR OTHER DTCS
    CHECKING THE HOSES AND TUBING
    CHECKING THE VACUUM SUPPLY TO SURGE SOLENOID
    CONFIRM ALL SOLENOID TEST
    GOOD TRIP EQUAL TO ZERO
    SOLENOID #3 TEST
    SOLENOID TEST #1
    SOLENOID TEST #2
    SOLENOID TEST #4
    TURBOCHARGER
    WASTEGATE ACTUATOR

Seems to me you're way over what you should be boosting on the stock PCM. I think you need to get a staged PCM or a DSP flash.