help.. tryin to do springs.. total night mare

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by turbosocks, Mar 22, 2008.

1. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

Koni inserts are better than any affordable coil over

2. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

i was also looking at the koni inserts. i have heard really good things about them. i have also heard some decent things about the tokicos.

i still haven't purchased anything yet though.

another thing that steers me away from coilovers is most of the coilover spring rates. and that i wouldn't have any use for all of the adjustability as the car is going to be about 98% daily driver/grocery getter.

ill let everyone know what i end up going with.. my friend was trying to convince me to just get a stock replacement and save some cash, but i don't wanna have to deal with the whole blown strut thing again anytime soon.

3. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Get BC coilovers. You can order with custom spring rates. I installed mine last month. Had them on the softest dampening setting and they feel just like stock, I shit you not. 1 year warranty. $80 or so to replace a strut if it blows afterwards. Great customer service. I got mine for $900 shipped to my door. If I had more money I would of went with the KW's. They arun around $1600 for the ones I wanted though.

Konis are awesome though! But require drilling and other crap if you get the inserts for your stock struts.

4. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

did you get it figured out????

5. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

fixed the CV boot.. put some grease in it, and patched up the hole with some rtv.. has been holding up for a few days and its not leaking/spraying any grease.

the rear strut is still leaking, so i will probably be ordering tokicos within the next few days. just wasn't looking to purchase new struts so soon.

i wish KYB made some gr2s for these cars though, would save a shit ton of money that way.