help.. tryin to do springs.. total night mare

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by turbosocks, Mar 22, 2008.

1. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

What needs to get better?

As for his car, in that video it was just the s2 wga and a 3" turbo back

As for the s2, I've personally never seen a car run bad with it, I mean there really isn't anything that can go wrong, it's just the stock with a little bit stiffer spring, it makes a little more boost than stock.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  2. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

So...I'm not gonna read all eight pages...did you get your springs figured out??

3. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

Think so

4. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

So whats the new topic??

5. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

Not quite sure

6. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

Well....I guess I'll just lurk till I figure it out.....I'm still not going to read all eight pages....

7. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

springs were figured out..

turns out im just an idiot cuz im not used to the srt4 having the sway bars under the control arm..

i had the side jacked up, so the sway bar wouldn't let the control arm relax so i could install spring/strut.

anyway, WOW. with just a stage II and turbo back with that much power and torque.. impressive as hell.

and about making things better.. i meant that i feel i might have some type of leak besides the bleeding of boost at WOT. but it may just be the fact that it bleeds boost. either way i want to get rid of the ricer plate and get a check valve just in case.

looks like i will be picking up a stage II gate and trying it out then.

8. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

Why not before you start getting rid of stuff and replacing stuff, find out what the problem is?

9. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

thing is i dont know if there is a problem, cuz i have never had a car the purposely bleeds off boost.. so the sound i may be hearing could be normal.

i will be taking the blue plate off one way or another, cuz i hate the ricey LOUD woosh.

o, update on suspension. i did the passenger side today... took me less than 2 hours start to finish for the ENTIRE thing. :rock: helps a TON when you jack it up right.

i will probably be taking it to AJ tire tomm. because that lil hole in my CV boot sprayed grease all over : ( and after my fiasco, i dont feel like taking the suspension off again to get the axle out and put a new boot on.

car looks SOO good dropped. i actually like the way it handles with the sportlines.. and the feel is very nice too. a lil harsh but not too bad.

10. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Post picts!!!!

You really don't need to take the suspension apart for the axle boot. That happened on your drivers side with the axle boot? I eneded up getting a new axle and had a shop install it. They only charged me sixty something dollars to put it in. Dodge dealership wanted $300 to put it in. LMAO.

11. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

yeah, i guess i dont really need to take it out to do the boot, but it seems like it would be easier to do it that way.. imma just take it to a local shop tomm. and see what they will charge.. i need to get a real alignment anyway. i played with the camber bolts a bit, but would rather get it done by a pro.

will post pics tomm. after i get the car washed/fixed.

i would just do a complete axle if i had one at my disposal or knew of one for sale locally.

im not worried about changing the boot, just popping axle off and needing to get new gear oil and stuff. my luck, i would tear an axle seal or something.

i also put the spoiler back on today.. i think i like it better than spoilerless.

12. The ///Man

The ///Man ME>GOD!

You should boost leak test it and find out if there is a problem.

13. StillANeon

I believe they have to take the axel off then put a new boot in. My beef with that is, when they repack the old axle, there is a chance of crap getting in there. Plus it will cost more money labor wise. Let us know how much they charge you to fix the boot.

As for an alignment. lol You can't do an alignment yourself. It has to go on a rack to do it right. You might need camber bolts depending on how low your car is since you are reusing the stock struts....

Not a fan of the shopping cart handle on the back of the SRT-4's, thats why I took mine off and swapped with a spoilerless SXT Neon.

14. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

yeah, they will prob charge me at least 100$ to do the boot i am guessing.

i have camber bolts and adjusted it to the best of my ability to have neutral camber.. it came out pretty well.

when i first set the car down, you shoulda seen the camber.. there was positive on the drivers rear, negative on passenger rear, and really negative on front.

yeah, i wasn't a fan of the srt spoiler, but with it lowered, its growing on me a bit. i wont take it off until i can find a trunk without holes in good condition, or can afford to get my holes filled.

yeah, they have to take axle off to do a new boot. im not really worried about them getting anything in there, because if something DID happen to get in, it would be so minuscule, it would not affect a thing.

it would cost me more to buy an axle and have it installed probably since i know of no one local selling a stock axle.

15. StillANeon

The boot kit is around $60 I believe. Factor in labor and shop supplies like the grease and thats your price. Is it your passenger axle or your drivers axle? If its the drivers side they have drain the tranny fluid and put new fluid in.

16. HAVOKSRT4

HAVOKSRT4 Noob

It was gonna take about 45 mins tops to do this install..........................4 hours later. Great Experience, never again.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  17. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

its drivers axle FTW..

w00000000000000000t.. go out today, after 30 miles of driving, and YAY my rear drivers strut is leaking.. w00t w00t..

18. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

meh, im not gonna deal with looking into the strut.. imma pick up a set of tokiko adjustables.

19. StillANeon

The Tokico's are what $650... ouch. Just get coilovers and have some piece of mind. Only $250 more shipped.

You won't even have to compress your spring or anything, complete swap out.

20. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

i can get the tokicos for 550$ shipped.

coilovers will be too harsh of a ride IMO, and then ill have to sell springs to make up for it, and i doubt people would pay close to full price even though they are brand new.

if i knew i would end up needing new struts right away, i woulda kept stock height, or just bought coilovers, but since i already have springs, buying coilovers wouldn't be the best idea. selling the sportlines might be a pain, specially since people prob wouldn't be willing to pay more than ~150 for em.

i was thinking about the NEX coilovers, but i haven't heard of anyone with them on an srt4.